Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

what do you do when your heart is broken?

I plan to run five mile to get that person out my head that way when I am done hopefully Ill be tired to just sleep all night. I dont wanna drink nor party.. I wanna save some money.

Favorite Answer

If your feelings were deep and true then the possibility exists that you'll NEVER get over it. But you do get through it. It's called putting one foot in front of the other. Over and over again. Good luck.

Source(s): I never did. One foot. Next foot....

i had my heart broken rele rele bad about 3 years ago, i was with this 1 guy for 2 years and i thought everything was great... than i come 2 find out towards the end of our relationship he had gotten another woman pregnant while we were together and she was keeping the baby! talk about heart break. i couldent leave my house for like a month all i did was cry, but than i woke up 1 morning and was like **** this ****! im gorgeous,smart, talented and well educated there is no reason 2 be hung up on this loser n e more. so i picked myself up called some girlfriends and went out and had the time of my life for a year straight. than in april07 i met my current boyfriend and he's the best man ive ever known. so my advice to you is dont dwell on what you cant fix, worry about bettering yourself and the rest will follow! hope life gives u everything u want and s0 much more!

-s0muchs0ul

Eat food! :) haha i know you dont want to because you want to look insanely sexy to attract other guys, but really right now its ok to eat i totally know what your going through, my boy dumped me last night... :(... but really call some girlfriends, and have a girls night, then eat some food, then wait about a week or sooner, so that you can have a time to get back into your cute little shape, then have your girlfriends call some of their guy friends and just flirt, moving on is the best way to get over someone... my guy and i were talking about marriage and things and it was really sudden he enrolled in the army, and dumped me all last night, so guess what i am eating like to my hearts content, then tonight my girlfriends are going to have some boys over and i will flirt and have a great time! :) trust me it will be ok if he cant hold onto you then he isnt good enough for you, good luck honey i know it hurts :(

To mend a broken heart is never easy, a couple thing you could do is:

Sing (what i'm doing to mend mine)

dance

run

talk to friends

hang out with friendsfind that one song that always cheers you up and listen closley

hope things get better, just dont dwell, it makes everything worse.

u have to any thing to keep ur mind off of it.

keep ur self busy.

make sure u allow ur self to grieve.

i used to cry so much that it made me want to just run for ever. so i would. i ran every day for a good 3-4 miles until i felt better.

i hate break ups. they are the worse. one of the worse feelings in the world

i know how you feel. i have been used and cheated on my whole life because i have had my kindness taken for weekness. im no saint myself so dont get me wrong but i know how to treat a woman. i dont drink hardly or party either but i do have a good heart and a mind i hope you get feeling better and mail me if you ever need anything

Yeah you doing the right thing keep busy and in time you will feel much better. Good Luck

Well, don't listen to music, chances are there are plenty of songs out there that would remind you of him/her. Running is ok but you could try reading a book, nothing to in-depth but it would keep your mind off of him/her.

travel to somewhere i've never been to.

when i don't have enough money, i eat chocolates and ice cream i've never tried before. exercise a lot, then take a deep breath and move on.

keep ur self busy....broken hearts take time to heal....hang wit sum of ur same sex friends....jus do u for a while and wen ur ready....start dating again