Was Abū Ṭālib ibn ‘Abd al-Muṭṭalib Father Of the 4th Caliph a Muslim ?

As far as I know Abu Talib never took the shahadah, even though he loved the Prophet Muhammad very much and protected him in his mission. He may have even believed in his heart, however he never took the shahadah because he did not want to give up his old ways. a saheeh hadeeth that Naajiyah ibn Ka’b narrated that... show more As far as I know Abu Talib never took the shahadah, even though he loved the Prophet Muhammad very much and protected him in his mission. He may have even believed in his heart, however he never took the shahadah because he did not want to give up his old ways.
a saheeh hadeeth that Naajiyah ibn Ka’b narrated that ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Your old, misguided uncle has died (he was referring to his father Abu Taalib). Who will bury him?’ He said, ‘Go and bury your father.’ [I] said, ‘I will not bury him, for he died as a mushrik.’

So How come Shia people curse Upon Yazeeds Parents or grand parents Even though they converted to Islam !
Update: @Ms-- Geee Thanks ! i didnt know that
Update 2: I think my question is WAS HE A MUSLIM !!! Koi haal nai