Was Abū Ṭālib ibn ‘Abd al-Muṭṭalib Father Of the 4th Caliph a Muslim ?

As far as I know Abu Talib never took the shahadah, even though he loved the Prophet Muhammad very much and protected him in his mission. He may have even believed in his heart, however he never took the shahadah because he did not want to give up his old ways.

a saheeh hadeeth that Naajiyah ibn Ka’b narrated that ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), ‘Your old, misguided uncle has died (he was referring to his father Abu Taalib). Who will bury him?’ He said, ‘Go and bury your father.’ [I] said, ‘I will not bury him, for he died as a mushrik.’

So How come Shia people curse Upon Yazeeds Parents or grand parents Even though they converted to Islam !

@Ms-- Geee Thanks ! i didnt know that

I think my question is WAS HE A MUSLIM !!! Koi haal nai

Favorite Answer

Ignore the person above me... year of sorrow does not mean anyone who died in that year was a muslim

Ali(sa) father was not a muslim he was a mushrik who used to worship idols but shia as we all know converts everyone into a muslim who got some kind of link with Ali(as)

Source(s): Now please dont tell me the guy in the movie ALI-G is a muslim lol
  • tressa

a million. particular. His fool mum and dad have already made him go through sufficient by using giving him that call. 2. particular, we would desire to consistently never make relaxing of Islam. initially it became an incredible faith. It gave us algebra, chemistry, present day drugs, our numbering device, and the muse of computational technological know-how. women human beings had rights, ought to inherit assets from their fathers, and ought to handle their very own funds without interference from their husbands. Too undesirable it replaced. regrettably, there are in basic terms 2 a thank you to combat an concept. the main enlightened way is to have a greater useful concept and sell its reward. the greater serious way is to break the human beings who carry to it, as in the cleansing of Canaan. there became no wrong thank you to end the youngster sacrifice and fertility rites. there is not any thank you to end the violence and homicide in need of destroying the murderers. via fact i'm no longer a assassin, i won't urge conflict against the murderers. yet while they pick hassle, i'm a robust undertaking to look up. 3. If Islam is the religion that God needs us in, then it may be an incredible concept to alter into Muslims. in spite of the indisputable fact that it must be voluntary. we'd ought to work out the advantageous effects of Islam in human beings's lives formerly we ought to glorify God that way. And at the instant, we in general see no longer something to glorify. that is probably the information media's fault, in spite of the indisputable fact that that's how that's. I even have met Muslims who're surprising mum and dad. I even have met Muslims who're great human beings. The undesirable apples get each and every of the attention, nonetheless, in basic terms as that's with my church. nevertheless, if one learns to love God and to love God's toddlers, and to tutor those issues by using their lives, then one's church won't lead him to hell.

Yes, Hazrat Abu Talib ibn Abd ul Muttalib was the Father of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (as), The True Successor of The Holy Prophet (s).

And you notice, when you say Imam Ali ibn ABI TALIB, there's Hazrat Abu Talib's name, which indicate that He's the father of Imam Ali. The word "ibn" means "son of", so Ali ibn Abi Talib means Ali the son of Abu Talib. hope it helped

• pink

Shia Muslims, in general, believe that the progenitors of Yazid did not convert sincerely and remained hypocrites. I personally have bigger fish to fry, so I don't think on it much.

Our beliefs regarding the ancestors of Prophet Muhammad and Imam `Ali are also different from those of Sunni Islam.

Some of our texts relate that the real name of `Abdul Muttalib was Shaybat al Hamd. Here is a genealogy that some of our `ulama have gathered for Prophet Muhammad. Prophet Adam, Shith (Seth), Unash, Qaynan, Mahla'il, Yarid, Ukhnakh (Idris or Enoch), Mattushalakh (Methusaleh), Lamk, Nah (Nuh, or Noah), Sam (Shem), Arfakhshadh, Shalikh, Had, `Abir (Prophet Bud), Faligh, Ar'awa', Sarakh, Takhar, Tarih, Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma`il (Ishamel), Qaydar, Hamal, Nabt, Salaman, al Hamaysa`, al Yasa` (possibly Elisha) , Udad, Udd (`Adnan) Ma`ad, Nazar, Madhar, Ilyas (possibly Elijah), Mudrikah, Khuzaymah, Kinanah, Nadhar, Malik, Fahr (possibly Quraysh), Ghalib, Lu'i, Murrah, Kilab, Qusay (possibly Quraysh), Mughirah ("`Abd Manaf"), `Amr (Hashim), Shaybat al Hamd ("`Abdul Muttalib"), `Abdullah, Prophet Muhammad. We believe that Shaybat al Hamd (`Abdul Muttalib) was a Hujjat of Allah and that Abu Talib was his successor.

We Shia Muslims believe that the ancestors of Prophet Muhammad and Imam `Ali were monotheists. Some of the ahadith from our books on the subject follow.

Imam `Ali also referred to specific members of the lineage of Prophet Muhammad: "By Allah, neither my father ever worshipped the idols, nor my grandfather 'Abdul Muttalib, nor his father Hashim [`Amr], nor his father `Abd Manaf [Mughirah]. They prayed facing towards the Ka`bah and followed the religion of Ibrahim." Ibn Abbas narrated that Prophet Muhammad said: "Allah sent me to the earth in the loins of Adam and transferred me to the loins of Abraham. He continued transferring me from the distinguished and exalted loins to pure wombs until He created me from my father and mother, who never met unlawfully."

In these matters, Shia Islam and Sunni Islam are differentiated from each other.

he is the Prophet's Uncle and father of Ali.

• Y!A

Yes, he was, Ali ibn Abe Talib (Ali the son of Abu Talib)

Edit: no, he (Abu Talib) wasn't Muslim, he died kafir

he was not a muslim,he never said the shahadah even though he supported the prophet and stood beside him but he couldn't join islam fearing his postition in the Quraysh,his tribe.

however,shias believe that he embraced islam.

I think you eally believe that he was not a Muslim!

so there is no point in telling that he was a Muslim, but I won't hasitate saying I didn't know of him being a non-Muslim cause the year he and Khadija(S) died, it as called Aam-ul-huzn...the year of sorrow!

assalamualakum..brother u know that shia's are crazy.they just mix up every thing.and ali (R) was abu talib's son........assalamualakum

Yes, he was father of Ali (R.A.)

He never accepted Islam but it is said that he will receive the lowest form of punishment.

May Allah save us all.Ameen.