Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

How do I download pictures from my Canon digital camera to my computer?

I downloaded the softward, restarted the computer, and connected the USB from the computer to the camera. I opened the program and chose canon camera from the list of options but it only shows pictures already from my computer in the program and won't import anything. When I click to import from memory card, a message pops up that I have no pics to EXORT TO the memroy card which is obviously not what I want. I am so friggin frustrated and hate canon at this point.

Update:

I don't know what a card reader is, but which is the switch for making it view internal pics mode?? the stupid manual says to make sure it's switched to the correct mode but doesn't bother to say what it is and how to do it, just says to look for directions in the other manual which i can't find in. So fed up.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • xK
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

A card reader is a device that has slots to fit the various camera cards, like the one that your camera uses to store pictures. You could buy a card reader, plug it in, put your camera card into the card reader, and pull the photos off that way.

I never use the software with my camera, and I have a Canon as well. I plug the camera into the computer via USB and turn it on. Then, on the back of the camera near the viewfinder, there is a switch: one way lets you take pictures, the other lets you view them. Switch it to the 'view' part so that you could cycle through your pictures. Windows automatically detects my camera and I use the wizard to copy pictures over.

If the wizard doesn't appear, after plugging in your camera go to My Computer. You should see your camera on the list (it may say Removable Storage Device, but mine says CANON). Double click it; you'll probably see a folder with the same name. Double click that. Find your pictures (my camera creates several folders and sometimes there are pictures in all of them) and drag them onto your desktop or into My Pictures folder or wherever you want them.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do I download pictures from my Canon digital camera to my computer?

I downloaded the softward, restarted the computer, and connected the USB from the computer to the camera. I opened the program and chose canon camera from the list of options but it only shows pictures already from my computer in the program and won't import anything. When I click to import...

Source(s): download pictures canon digital camera computer: https://shortly.im/pnGXf
  • Dusty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not sure what your software glitch is, but I do highly recommend (no matter what camera) that you get a card reader (since your computer may not have come with one) and install it. Then you solve several problems that people are having using an USB interface directly to their cameras. You also gain the advantage of being able to put one card in the reader and another in the camera for additional use. There have been far less problems reported using card readers as compared to the camera direct method.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axb0L

Does this particular Canon model have internal memory? Or are you asking if you can download pictures from your computer back onto your camera's SD card? I believe if you click on your folder, that has the pictures you want to download back to SD card, then next choose 'copy folder' and you specify which drive (maybe F:) your SD card is inserted into that you want that folder's files copied into. Or click and drag, your contents into where you want it copied to. Hope not too confusing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I have a Canon as well. I loaded the software and hit "save" once the program finished loading.

The way mine works is: hook the camera to the USB port, switch the switch on the back of the camera from the operating position to the view internal pic's position, then turn the power switch on the camera to the on position. Mine sometimes takes a minute or two to start the download.

• 1 decade ago

How about try a usb cable? You can use usb cable download picture.

If you did not have a usb cable for your digital camera, you can buy one from internet seller.

If you know your camera model, you can go http://www.ylmart.com/digital-camera-accessories.h... to find it.

• 5 years ago

was able to do before and now I can not do it neither with card or USB cord I am not home to retrieve my canon disk to reload it to the computer. any answers stuck here in nice Vegas .Thank you

• 1 decade ago

Think u can just open the card with ur computer and drag pict to ur cmputer hard drive. Basically, use it as a portable hard drive; if all failed.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Looking for a good answer on this too

• lady
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

that's an interesting question and I hope you will find reasonable answers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.