Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Is dean thomas black or white in the harry potter books.?

i know that he is black in the movie but I can't remember if he is black in the books. haha why am i asking this? cuz we played charades last night and my friend was like " no its a black person" so i didn't guess dean thomas because I thought he was white, so Im just trying to prove that.

Favorite Answer

He is described as, "a Black boy even taller than Ron" in the books. Sorry. Your friend was right. :)

Harry Potter Dean Thomas

• Erika

Dean Thomas Harry Potter

He is black. It says in the book when Harry is sitting at the gryfinndor table after he was sorted saying Dean Thomas a little black boy was made gryiffindor

Hope I helped

Source(s): Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone.
  • decaro

the only Black Slytherin i will think of of is Blaise Zabini He replaced right into a chum of Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson, he says he could by no potential fancy Ginny Weasly there is Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor.. 2 years above Harry Potter... Quidditch Captain (1995) is going to the yuletide Ball with Fred Weasly. Dean Thomas.. A fellow Gryffindor of Harry, in his 3 hundred and sixty 5 days... terrific buddy to Seamus Finnigan

• He is Black, in the books and the movies.

Your friend is correct, he was identified as black in the first book. I don't think she ever specifically stated that he was black again in the rest of the series.

The movie follows the books.. So if he's black in the movie, it means that he's also black in the book

I watch or read everything...I love finding out new stuff.

• ?

While it's true that some t.v. programs are better at portraying and informing than books, catalogs in themselves are a getaway. I personally would take a book over t.v.