Are online friendships and relationships a waste of breath?

do you gain anything from all that effort you put into maintaining friendships or relationships online, staying in touch with all your contacts, etc.

my friend always complains that she wasted so much time being popular online but ended up with no friends in real life. i feel sad for her and i hope to not have my heart broken the same way...

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

are they crazy? you kidding me...

whats crazy is the Cheshire cat not speaking in metaphors...

It's just a way of meeting people. I've made many friends online and I'm even planning on meeting some of them in about a month or two. The best part of all of it is that you can actually make it your real life. So net relationships? No. Real relationships with people met online? Yes.

• .

I don't think it is a waste of time to make friends on the Net. In fact I plan to meet two of them in a month time and i have spoken to a few on the phone, etc

Relationships? A purely net relationship is not a relationship. But if you meet and make it real then what is the harm? You've met just like in any other way, just simply you first started talking on the net. No big difference than thru a friend, etc

i have many online "friends" also but that does not mean that i am going to forget about them to b with people that i have never met. People should know how to balance time to do anything they want to do. What ur friend should do is make new real friends and when she is bored at home to talk with people from ..where ever they are. That works perfectly for me. I maintain both types of friendships alive.

Online friendships are okay, i have some friends here i talk to pretty much everyday....messenger...facebook..etc but Relationships ? Wtf dating ? I don't know. Someone, just like your friend can end up having no friends in real life & no social life and spending his/her life on the internet.

Relationships (dating) are a waste of breath n time i f@cking agree 100%

Friendships ? No..

They make me happy. I dont think its a waste at all. Sometimes the people online make me happier than people I see in real life.

Like Freshy said... The internet is real.

I think you have to have a balance between "net life" And your "non net life"

I don't find it a waste of time, maybe relationships are harder and stuff but someone you care about can never be a waste of time

its not a waste if both of you are serious to the friendship/relationship. If you have friends in real life and they are great, keep them, just dont ignore them because you are busy chatting onlnie.

Ohh well its true i rather have friends on real life then online. You can cry on a real friend sholder but not an online friend

no way. any kind of friendship is impt. just know how to balance things. and the key (if i may add) is to be yourself so you dont disappoint ppl (or yourself). that goes for rl as well. lots on here want to be popular, seen as smart, cool, etc. etc, so they put on masks and become someone other than themselves, but that sucks coz it wont fool ppl, even online.

To tell you the truth i like the people online better then most of the people i know.

It's not a waste of time if it makes you happy.