When i got my 8 week old kitten, the previous owners were feeding the kittens adult wet food? Please help!!!?

When i say adult wet food i mean the whiskas meat for adult cats, now i thought that was wrong as there is a reason they sell kitten food it's lighter than the adult food for thier wee small tummies and it's got all the nutients in that kittens need, so when i got her home i swaped the whiskas adult food... show more When i say adult wet food i mean the whiskas meat for adult cats, now i thought that was wrong as there is a reason they sell kitten food it's lighter than the adult food for thier wee small tummies and it's got all the nutients in that kittens need, so when i got her home i swaped the whiskas adult food for the whiskas kitten food, now my poor wee kitty has soft poo-poo's, it's not like diarroeah, but more like a mister whippy ice-cream and when she's cleaning it up it's going every where, i've got an appointment for the vet in the morning but just wondering if this is anything to worry about mean time and when it will stop, Is her tummy sore? she's running about like a dafty and bright enough she has been sleeping more today (we have only had her three days) but i thought it was due to the fact she's a wee growing kitty and needs her sleep and it was quite warm, i've been making sure she has plenty to drink! Also is thier any trick to stop her getting it all over her back paws?
Update: Right Kathryn you've got me FREAKING OUT BIG TIME here, it's not that i do not trust in what you are saying but if anyone else would like to back this up as i'm really worried now i only give my animals the best and have never heard of all this stuff you are saying, if you are correct then i'll... show more Right Kathryn you've got me FREAKING OUT BIG TIME here, it's not that i do not trust in what you are saying but if anyone else would like to back this up as i'm really worried now i only give my animals the best and have never heard of all this stuff you are saying, if you are correct then i'll change her food per my vets instructions, but OMG my poor kitty i don't want her eating all that s*** honestly someone help me out here AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGRAAAAAAAAAAAH...
Update 2: Right ok i'm going to change her food, What is the best, healthest,safest way of doing so please? also how the hell do you get a god vet one that you can trust with your pets life and wellbeing? My daughter has a rare Kidney disease and we have a great consultants for her but it's harder for a vet, would... show more Right ok i'm going to change her food, What is the best, healthest,safest way of doing so please? also how the hell do you get a god vet one that you can trust with your pets life and wellbeing? My daughter has a rare Kidney disease and we have a great consultants for her but it's harder for a vet, would you all agree?
Update 3: I took my wee kitty to the vet today and allthough she did have the runs she is perfectly healthy, just from me stupidly changing her from adult to kitten allthough my vet did advise me that she should be on kitten food, but as i thought it didn't matter with it being the same brand and all, it made her have... show more I took my wee kitty to the vet today and allthough she did have the runs she is perfectly healthy, just from me stupidly changing her from adult to kitten allthough my vet did advise me that she should be on kitten food, but as i thought it didn't matter with it being the same brand and all, it made her have the runs, lesson learned, won't be doing that again! the vet gave me a white liquid called Kaogel, it helps to bind her up and help her get over the diaorreah, i will be changing her food but as i am from the UK most of the brands mentioned by you lovely people are not available to me but on the up side i now know what the foods should and shouldn't contain, so thank you for your help, i want her to have the best foods available to help keep her in top form, i will however be waitng until her tummy is better before i go changing it again! My main concern was that she could have became dehydrated, but she wasn't thank goodness, i'll go feed her now and give her medicene, thanks