Paychecks with no taxes taken out?

My husband worked for a company for 6 weeks and was paid with a company check, but no taxes were taken out. My husband quit for that reason because their verbal agreement was he would be on payroll. So, he was paid 6 weeks totaling $3150.00. I know we are suppose to file this, but I thought it wouldn't be until... show more My husband worked for a company for 6 weeks and was paid with a company check, but no taxes were taken out. My husband quit for that reason because their verbal agreement was he would be on payroll. So, he was paid 6 weeks totaling $3150.00. I know we are suppose to file this, but I thought it wouldn't be until next April. I was told no, he would have to file every quarter (which makes sense). My questions is, when do we have to do this by, what forms do we need to fill out and does anyone have a rough idea what amount will be owed? We're in Texas if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated.....we don't want the IRS thinking we don't want to pay. Thanks.
Update: I'm only guessing he would have to file the 6 weeks of pay next quarter. I'm assuming he'll probably receive a 1099, but he filled out a W2 before employment began. It's obvious his ex-employer is a scumbag, which is why he quit. I just need to know what we need to do on our end so we don't have... show more I'm only guessing he would have to file the 6 weeks of pay next quarter. I'm assuming he'll probably receive a 1099, but he filled out a W2 before employment began. It's obvious his ex-employer is a scumbag, which is why he quit. I just need to know what we need to do on our end so we don't have problems. I could care less about the employer.....knowing how he conducts business, you could say he has it coming to him.
Update 2: Thanks for your replies. My husband was not hired as a contractor, he was hired as a full-time employee. He worked 5 days/40 hours per week and punched in and out everyday.