Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

Have you taken the Japanese IQ test employers give to candidates?

I tried out this quiz online, and really enjoyed it.

This is a puzzle with twists involved. You have to get the whole family and cop and burglar to the other side of the river but only two can go on the raft at one time, and only the mom dad and cop know how to run the raft.

Have you tried this puzzle? And if so how long did it take you to figure it out? How affective do you think this puzzle is in deciding who to hire?

Here's the link: http://www.robmathiowetz.com/

I didn't explain anything. You have to figure out how to solve it on your own. Thanks to all who replied! Except 1st comment, she was mean >: p

Favorite Answer

If you're trying to figure it out there is already an answer on yahoo answers on how to do it. You failed to explain the other rules: Mom can't be left alone with sons, and Dad can't be left with girls. Thief can't be on one side without the cop. I tried it, however I came across a puzzle like this one in a Childcraft book when I was a kid. Only it was a wolf a farmer and a few sheep and pig or something. It didn't take me long to figure it out once I remembered that. But I struggled with it for at least five minutes first. And I didn't want to cheat and look up the answer. But once you figure it out it's cool.

I think an employer would want to test the strategy of applicants. Can they use common sense to solve puzzles within an acceptable amount of time? Can the employee learn from mistakes? Are they organized? Do they give up right away?

Source(s): Hope this helps! **CIAO!**

No, I don't think an IQ test should be required. I think a candidate should be judged on their accomplishments and experience, not by party. If the electorate had voted based on those measures we wouldn't of had George W. Bush as President. He failed in business many times and he nearly ran this country into default which is consistent with his background. However, this is not because he is stupid, it's because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and thought everything he did would be paid for. So, I think looking into a candidates past achievements is a better way of getting a feel of who the candidate is and what they can achieve.

I have tried it but I am at work so it is hard for me to concentrate on it now so I'm gnna try again when I get home. As the effectiveness of the puzzle to hiring people it could be useful in determining how an employee strategizes and thinks. Can't wait to really play. Thanks

Oh that's fun! It was hard, but then at then end, when all the girls were over, I finally got it! Don't wanna give anything away, but it's FUN! I think three or four minutes.

Star for you! Thanks for the game!

I got all of them but the last kid im going to keep trying! Yah I WON my mother would probably kill me if i didn't lol thanx it was fun! It took me 3 mins how long did it take you?

omg i finaly got it ! i seiorusly took 20 min just doing differnt combos ! yay that was prett exciting

I'll try it when I get home tonight

i done it in 2 minutes

Why, go on the game? . You just explained to whole thing, Sherlock.Oh, yeah .It sounds dumb/