Husband wants to name new daughter Rowan?

I'm afraid too many people will think she's a boy.

Do you think Rowan is more commonly a girl's name or a boy's name?

Favorite Answer

I LOVE ROWAN!!! brooke shields named her daughter that. i just think that its really pretty and u dont hear it alot so that makes it ten times better. i love unique names. my daughters name is London Grace.

LOVE the name Rowan for a girl. I like it for a boy, but more for a girl!!!

Very nice!

I think it is cute when she is small, but sophisticated and professional when she is grown!!

Maybe (if you haven't already chosen a middle name) pair it with something very feminine.

Rowan Paige

Rowan Myleese

Rowan Kaine

Rowan Selene

Rowan Patrice

Hope this helps

= )

Yes, I do agree that most Rowans are male but this is the 21st century and lots of names that were "boys only" are now girls names as well. Personally I love boys names for girls.

such as:

Spencer

Blakely

Carter

Tony

Mitchie

Bailey

I think it's more of a boy's name but I really think it's such great name for a girl. Maybe give her a more feminine middle name like Rowan Isabella, Rowan Melissa, etc.

• smm

it's more common for boys but it's got some softness to it and is a plant name so i think naming a girl Rowan will be fine. it's not common enough in the US at least for people to think of a boy unless they're thinking of rowan atkinson and who but a nerd like me would do that?

*edit actually just checked and as the poster said it's both

I think it is more common for a boy, but then again it will make her stand out. It is the perfect name for a future celebrity:D I think that if you name her Rowan, you need a classy but girly middle name like; Marie

I think it could be both... Rowan is a lovely name for a boy or a girl.

I associate Rowan with a girl. It sounds too feminine for a boy.

Rowan is one of my favorite names, and my hubby and I shortlisted it for a boy or girl, although Rowen for a boy, and Rowan for a girl. It's definately unisex, and a great name for a baby girl!

• quirky

Here is the thing, girls can have boys names, but boys really can't carry girls names. (unfair, yes, but that's how it goes.) I think Rowan is fine. What about the middle?