Does anyone else think that Leonardo DiCaprio is underrated?

Seriously, he's the best actor in Hollywood in my opinion, very good at what he does, but everyone just thinks he's some pretty boy who gets roles because he's cute, but he's not Jack Dawson anymore. Okay, I will admit, he was very, very, very cute as Jack Dawson, but does anyone agree that he is overrated for Titanic (even though that movie I still think that movie is the best movie ever made and Leo was soooo cute in it) I think he is a better actor than people give him credit for. Like I don't think ou can be a DiCaprio fan without seeing his other movies. He's an amazing actor. I still want to see Blood Diamond. I WILL see that movie! But yeah, does anyone agree that he is underrated as an actor, but overrated for Titanic (though I still love him in that movie and I love that movie).

He's underrated because people only see him as Jack Dawson, when he is a AMAZING actor.

Favorite Answer

My dear, Leonardo DiCaprio is not picked for movie roles because he is a "cutie." He has been around for a long time actually and is getting quite up there in years. In terms of his looks I personally don't find him attractive. Although i am not really a huge fan I do know he is a good actor. And yes all of the Titanic movie was overrated.

DiCaprio is a three time Academy Award-, two time BAFTA Award-, and one time SAG Award-nominee, as well as a Golden Globe Award-, NBR Award-, and Silver Bear Award-winner. That is more than most actors have accompished. So I don't know how you call that underrated.

I used to not like Leo to be truthful, I though he was a joke because well, because of Titanic. I think Titanic gave him a bad rap with everyone but the tween girls from the time.

I saw "Catch me if you can" and decided that he could act pretty well, then I saw "Departed" and was blown away. He pulled that movie off with perfection. His part would have (in my non expert opinion) been a very difficult one much more so then the rest in the movie.

I have since made it a point to see everyone of his new movies as I am now a big fan. Oh by the way "Blood Diamonds" was good, but to me nothing that hes done touches "Departed". Also I'm a guy, so how he looks doesn't really play into how much I enjoy his movies.

• Kat*

Agreed, overrated for Titanic, underrated for most other things. I'm a big fan, he is a really talented actor. The fact that he's unbelievably attractive is just a bonus ; )

i'm no longer obsessed, yet i think of it rather is between the terrific video clips of the 90s and genuinely the main epic action picture in a minimum of a technology. the attention to component, the pacing, enhancing, narrative shape, song and cinematography have been made to perfection (purely the pat communicate and huge characterizations are improper). it is not impressive that the action picture experienced such a promptly and lasting backlash, considering that a technology of pubescent ladies fell resoundingly and annoyingly in love with DiCaprio and the action picture began the ascent to its status by way of fact the utmost-grossing action picture of all time.

he is extremely underated

kate winslet wins an Oscar for the reader AND a golden globe for revolutionary road but DiCaprio doesn't win anything?

He has to win an Oscar fot the wolf of wall street

• No

I think Dicaprio is a ponce and sh!t actor!

And Titanic (1997) is the crappiest movie ever!

i agree.

i love leonardo dicaprio.

i find him somewhat attractive but i believe

him to be one of the greatest actors. im not

sure why people dont give him too much credit

but i know they should. especially for his role

in the movie "the departed" he was excellent.

:]

• alex c

i agree. you should see him in the departed, and blood diamond. he is also a good human being in real life.