Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

Yeley to the #20 in 2009?

After seeing that race Saturday I cant believe Yeley decided not to drive his own car and standby for a sick feeling Tony Stewart. This could be just like last year with Busch and Jr!!! I think JJ will start driving the 20 next season and probably whoop everyone! I mean look what he did with that wrecked race car at the end. He had a shot a couple of times! hope this finally proves to all you Mexican american haters that JJ yeley is worthie!

yall will all think twice when Yeley wins a title in a couple of years.

Best Answer

Yeley drove for Gibbs last year and they let him go to make room for Bush. I don't think they would bring back after 1 year. Plus if they do need to replace Tony they will just put Joey Lagano in that ride.

Well since J.J.'s #96 car didnt qualify in on time he couldnt exactly race his own car. Second, he is a good friend of Stewart's so why not do something nice for a friend. Third, he wont drive the #20 car, because he is under contract with the #96 car for a few years and he just left the #18 car driving for Gibbs so Kyle Busch could replace him. He's not going back to Gibbs. That would honestly be stupid. I do think that Tony will leave Gibbs though. They should have stuck with Chevy's.

Not a chance. Yeley may have run good, but he got fired from the #18 Gibbs car at the end of last season. I doubt they'd hire him back unless they were desperate.

(I'm not insulting Yeley. He seems like a nice guy and he can run good if given good equipment.)

My husband is half Mexican and all American, whoot! Anyway, I'm not a fan of Yeley, but it probably would have been hard to be a substitute driver for a team that you were fired from the year before.

Dam-m, not you again J.J. didn't decide not to drive his own car He didn't qualify his car into the race. If Tony wasn't feeling ill J.J. wouldn't have raced. Theres no way Yeley will get his Gibbs ride back if Tony leaves its going to joey.

First of all Yeley did not, not decide to drive his own car! He did not qualify for the race. Second of all he already drove for JGR and got FIRED. JGR will not take him back and will not EVER put Yeley full time in that 20 car!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we are mexican american haters it just that... J.J Yeley can't DRIVE!! I did feel bad for him that he was caught up in so many wrecks that were not his fault but he is not driving to #20. I mean tony stewart is one of the best race car drivers ever. He can drive any series and any car there is no way they will replace him.

Do you remember that JJ couldn't even get his #96 HOF Racing car into the race this weekend? He will NOT be in the 20 car next year, if Tony leaves JGR Joey Logano will be in that seat guarenteed. How did it work when he was in the 18 car and how are they doing now? LOL The only thing JJ whoops is his dog.

3 STR8 N 08!!!

• Did you consider...before typing up your question...WHY JJ Yeley was "standing by" to hop into the #20 car? Because of his prowess on the track? No. Because of his awesome race record? No. Hmmm...could it be because HE DID NOT QUALIFY??? DID NOT QUALIFY means he didn't know how to race the car well enough to get into the race. Even to be the 43rd car. He is not a good driver and he sure as heck won't be in the 20 car next year...except as standby for Joey Loagano if Joey gets sick. See? Even a relative newbie will be out in front of him. And I don't care if he is a green martian, yellow bumblebee, pink elephant or red lobster, he can't drive so he can't race. Sorry.

J.J. couldn't drive the #96 cause he didn't qualify.

He drove JGR #18 for years replacing Bobby Labonte, after being in JGR's wing for years due to his relationship with Tony Stewart from his USAC career, only to be replaced himself by Kyle Busch. He started this season replacing Tony Raines in the #96.

He kinda still is in JGR though its actually HOF which has affiliation with JGR which explains why he was the 1 who got the call to replace Tony.