I always get 8 hours of sleep and I still feel tired!! Any help??

I've had depression for a few years and I'm not taking anything for it and I know that could affect it, but I used to feel fine after I woke up until a few months ago. I'm not really comfortable asking my doctor about depression affecting it. So maybe something besides that?

Best Answer

Do you have sleep apnea? If you do, then that may explain it. Or, as someone else suggested, you might have anemia.

Actually, I am the sort of person who needs more sleep than average- I need about nine or ten hours of sleep per night in order to feel refreshed the next day. So you may be quite normal (not that I am- LOL).

The depression might also he having an impact on your sleep habits. Do you have insomnia?

May I ask- why are you uncomfortable asking your doctor about this, yet you are willing to ask complete strangers about it? I would encourage you to talk to him or her (your doctor), because he or she can help you address the problem that is at the root of this.

Good luck, God bless, and pleasant dreams!

Everyones needs are different. Adults (18 years plus) need 7.5 - 9 hours of sleep yet I need at least 11 hours of sleep before I feel I can cope with the day. Yet sometimes I can have less, other days I need more, I slept for 13 hours the other day! You might find you need an extra hour, but then you might find just another 30 mins or less is enough extra to make you feel fine. Advice I have is on days when you don't have to be up by a certain hour, turn off your alarm, ask to not be woken and allow your body to wake up naturally, allow to body to have 'catch up' days while you work out how much you need.

well how old are you? teenagers tend to need more sleep as their bodies are still growing and their biological clock for some reason focuses on staying up late and sleeping later. hmm if you're just tired after 8 hours of sleep...either try and get 10 or more hours of sleep or take a 15 min nap in the middle of the day, also known as a power nap. you'll feel great trust me ;D

Uhm, maybe it's because you sleep too much and your body is adjusting with it.

I used to sleep 8 hours (Because of depression) and I always get tired after waking up. But I started to discipline myself and sleep and wake up at the same time, about 6 hours only. I never felt tired anymore.

It could be sleep apnea. A lot of the time, this causes a person to feel fatigued upon waking. Of course, it could an issue with your thyroid though. I really feel like your depression is the culprit though, as I suffer from it as well and have the same problem.

It's only because you are so lazy .. get a life .. run .. play .. make urself tired by doing work .. join gym ..

start doing ur hobbies .. then gradually everything will be fine .. it's only because you still lost in ur depression and not coming out of it .. you have to make urself busy and make urself happy ..

watch the beauty of nature .. have good time with friends and everything will be good soon ..

Always hope for the best .. you are in this world .. it's yours .. take it .. getout of darkness .. come to light .. and you will enjoy every sense of beauty ..

Well I think you should clear you're mind about things that makes you feel depressed or stressed. Just relax, as I said, clear your mind about too many negative thoughts and still get enough sleep.

Well you could be Anaemic but it's more likely to be the depression. Ask your doctor, sorry but that's the best course of action.

It could be low iron, or lack of vitamins, or both. You definitely need a blood test to find out. I had the same problem, I got my blood test, and it turned out to be low in iron.

you may be anemic..that's what was wrong with me when i'd sleep allll day and still be tired.! try taking vitamins with iron and lots of vitamins in them!