Was anyone else pissed that (in pocahontas II) pocahontas chose John Rolfe and not Smith!?

she should have chose smith...

and i dont care if her not choosing Rolfe wouldnt be historicly accuret!!!!!!!!!!!

it was good until the end :(

• Tam
    Favorite Answer

yep - it annoyed me. Yes, it was historically accurate - in that SINGLE facet while they messed around with all kinds of other historical facts. But mostly it annoyed me because - 1. it kind of took all the power and promise and devotion out of the ending of the original Pocahontas - 'always, forever' turned into 'eh - until someone with bigger, louder pants comes along'. And 2. - and as a writer this annoys me like nothing else - the characters didn't stay true to their personalities. They had to entirely rewrite John Smith's personality within the last ten minutes of the movie just so that he wouldn't be a threat to Rolfe and Pocahontas went entirely against character by randomly deciding on a man that never really did get that stick out of his a- er, anyway. Yeah, I didn't appreciate the movie - it was made during Eisner's 'sell off my grandmother for a profit' reign and it simply never should have been made. Not to mention the animation went downhill desperately from the beginning to the end.

Then, it might be one of the very few times to be at all accurate. Still, they probably had Pocahontas as some curvy teenage girl, which she wasn't when she helped John Smith. That's always a laugh in movies!

I'd be happy to see more historical accuracy instead of people believing the same old incorrect information fed to them via movies, especially animated ones.

It was historically accurate! Imagine to my dismay after seeing Pocahontas as a kid that I read about the real girl....and found out who she married :P I thought later it was cool that Pocahontas 2 would be true to the real historical figures. Havne't seen it tho, is it good?

Yeah I know! I get so mad when I watch that movie!

i kno! its really gay!

we should go back in time n beat her brown ***!! lolz! (its ok..im indian!!heehee!)