Should we boycott the Olympic Games because China refused to let Celine Dion sing at the opening ceremony?

Guido's poor, beautiful Celine...

*cries*

Best Answer

China banning Celine Dion makes me believe they might actually care about human right after all...

I think those nations should attend the games, although I agree that China has a lot of blood on its hands. Here's why: Access to non-official points of view is often impossible inside China. The games provide a great opportunity for Chinese people to see and talk with people from around the world. The games are going to happen with or without some countries' attendance. Therefore, the negative impact of a boycott is minimal. It might make you feel better, but it will do nothing but reinforce China's internal hegemony. Lastly, we tried a boycott before, against the USSR. Didn't do anything, from what I remember, except break the hearts of American athletes.

Celine Dion should never be allowed to sing in public. I think China deserves a round of applause for that.

*cries because Guido likes Celine*

No, Celine Dion sucks!

Celine is holding Wonder as I type this, and she is petting and stroking Wonder's lustrous and silky furry fur coat with a brush made of only the finest real 100% genuine imitation horse-hair, making Wonder's coat as shiny as a sparkly pink pony, dancing in the sunlight.

* cries *

Phew..now I can watch the games in peace. Celine is a curse to my ears and sanity.

• jesse~

celine is a rich fugly money whore with a voice so lacking of 'soul' that singing a blues tune would prolly put her in a coma for life!!.. hats off to all the Ho Chi dudes and dudettes who voted on that one!

No. In fact we should do something to thank them.

Sorry, Guido- the woman has to be stopped.

China has a mind of her own.

No, we should boycott Chinese products because they do not honor trademarks.

Me thinks it is time for some Chinese take out