jmido8
jmido8 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Calorie count help!?

Can anyone help me figure out what my calorie count needs to be each day to lose 10lbs in a month? And 15lbs in a month?

I'm 5 '9 and weigh 155lbs. I'm 18 years old.

I usually run 4-6 times a week, 15-30mins each time (between 2-4 miles). I also try and do 150 sit ups a night as well.

Thanks! I'v tried doing these myself but I always get confused between filling them out with my level of exercise and if that's the calories I need to maintain or lose.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you're on the right track with the running sessions you have going on. An 18 year old male should eat about 1,900-2,200 calories a day. But, I wouldn't go with this generalization because your body metabolism may be faster or slower than the normal. So, make sure you don't eat processed foods and stay with the healthy, fresh stuff. Try training harder and you'll lose those stubborn, last 15lbs.

Calorie counting is really bad, because you tend to either undereat, or gorge out on food. You may skip lunch because you had that Hershey bar you were craving, or you will gorge out on snacks because you missed a meal, and need extra calories.

Try portion control, don't eat as much as you usually do. Cut down on sweets. Cut out sugary drinks, such as soda, and juices, because that is a LOT of calories, that you could be having a candy bar instead.

These are simple tips that I can think of now, if I think of any more, I will come back. LOL :D

For tips on how to lose weight at home without exercising

u can refer to dis website

http://www.detoxmedifast.blogspot.com/

and u ll find so many tips for

weight lose n detox diets...try them n lose weight easily