Anonymous

Is lebanon even an Arab country?

j just arrived to lebanon and I swear to god Its no different than America. Their cultures and traditions are European, even though they are muslims, they wear western clothes (mini-skirts, bikinis, etc.). Actually, I they dress MORE western than us. In America we have girls who wear fish net stalkings and most of their breasts are visible and they are usually considered prostitutes, BUT in LEBANON, it is normal to dress lyk this and are not considered prostitutes. They celebrate Christmas, valentines, etc. even thought theyre muslim. BUT THEY ARE SOOO AMERICANIZED. THEY are sooo open that they even have gay communities. They have very cool night clubs and bars.(I even thought that alcohol was banned from the middle-east but i was wrong)

Why is lebanon sooo Open than other arab countries?

Oh, and their men are SMOKIN HOT!!!

Ive been to Italy, Greece, Spain, but the hottest guys I saw were Lebanese...!!

Favorite Answer

Lebanon is an Arab(Semitic White) country that is westernized and has been for a long time.Arabs, although most are swarthy, olive skinned(golden brown), are classified as Caucasian based on skeletal(mostly skull) measurements and points and DNA testing.Racists and uninformed people refuse to acknowledge this.Your description is very over rated, especially since about half the country is still in rubble from fighting of all sorts.

Famous Arab Americans of Lebanese ancestry-Selma Hayek(FATHER-Lebanese- MOTHER - Mexican), Shakira(FATHER-Lebanese-MOTHER - Columbian), Casey Kasum(Lebanese),late Danny Thomas(Lebanese-daughter Marlo-FATHER-Lebanese-MOTHER- Italian), Ralph Nader, (Lebanese), Samir Benut(Lebanese), bodybuilder,Paul Anka(Lebanese), Jamie Farr(Lebanese), Klinger of "Mash" fame,Dr. Michael E. DeBakey (Lebanese), world reknowned heart surgeon and artificial heart developer, and many others.-Proud Arab American(Lebanese heritage).

Is Lebanon A Country

"The CIA World Fact Book gives the following distribution: Muslim - 59.7% (Shi'a, Sunni, Druze, Isma'ilite, Alawite or Nusayri), Christian - 39% ..."1 It is a mixed country in religion, history, and language (Arabic, French, English, and Persian).

Your question implies that to be an Arab country is in itself not a good thing and that to be Americanized is a good thing.

Sometimes people travel to other countries to experience their culture and see how other people live: to listen more than talk. To the extent that world cultures become increasingly "Americanized" they lose their individuality and for some their particular charm. The chance of finding something more remote or unusual is reduced in favor of finding kind of a universal culture. I have been to Bali 3 times over the course of many years and each time I have enjoyed it less specifically because of the march toward sameness. I remember staying overnight in a hut in a village in Thailand that probably no longer exists. I have taken overnight trains with the locals that let me see far more than the 1hour jet flight for the same distance. I have marveled at the similarities of the ruins of Bagan, Ankor, Barabador, Copan and Giza. But it was in Turkey that the mystery of structures that were more perfect the older they were dated awed me.

You have only been to countries with a historical "western" culture. If you get a chance to travel more widely perhaps you will find difference has its own appeal. But you should be rather quick about it as there are only two countries of the many I have been to that do not presently have an "American" influence. Enjoy your travels as you are able.

Lebanon is probably more westernised than other Arab countries. 45% is Christian though. But I have a strong feeling you are Lebanese yourself trying to make your country look good to the west.. You know being westernised is not always a good thing.

• I have got the same feeling too , it's obviously that he is Lebanese the one who ask the question ,

• shenk

particular it quite is genuine. the only one :) and then some ignorant westerner flow and speak to us "sand" and "camels" even in spite of the incontrovertible fact that we don't have that for the time of our united states of america. Such ignorant those that this is human beings do no longer understand a thank you to coach them and instruct them the genuine us.

Probably not; I've met a couple lebaneese people and I swear they're white.

• josefa

I was wondering much the same thing

?