I am a firm believer in Christ and l fell in love with an atheist???

will it work, do u think I should ask her 2 marry me, she hates when I watch joel osteen??

st this is not elections and yes it has been proven john mccain's mother does not like his adopted daughter and that is racist

• ?
    Favorite Answer

How will you raise your children? Lets presume that she refuses to ever believe in Jesus. What are you going to do when you try to take your children to the church of your choice and she stays home to watch television?

Even if you think you are the ONLY person that the Bible wasn't talking to when it says "don't marry an unbeliever", you have to consider where your children will spend their eternity.

--

Edit: thinking more on your question revived my memory. My spouse and I were probably in the same boat you were in. I was a faithful Christian, she had not been in a church except for Christmas and Easter in about 3 years. In the technical sense of the word, she was a believer, but we were no where close to being on the same plane when it came to Christianity.

Are you living together, or are you having sex? If so, then what does that say about your witness. The closest she will ever get to Jesus is through you. And if you are so-so about following the Word, then it will not bode well for you.

Back to my story. So, we started dating and I had hoped that I could be the right kind of influence on her. But, it turned out that my will was weak and I was not a good witness. Fortunately, our engagement was quick (less than a year after we met, we were married), but she hated where I went to church. So, what do you do now?

I quit where I was going and we languished for about 3 years looking for some place that we both liked. We fought, I hollered, she cried - over where to go to church (because were were not equally yoked). When we did find a place, it was important to me to support them financially (by tithing). When $$$ was tight, we had fights about that too.

All I am saying is that you are going to go down a path that the Bible warns you about. THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR YOUR ACTIONS OTHER THAN YOUR OWN LUSTS.

Be careful and best of luck.

Me? If I could do it over again, I would not do so. It (our relationship and fights over God) cost me much more than I want to pay.

Things could have been very different had I followed my spirit and not my member.

Source(s): 2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? This means: You should not date or marry an unbeliever. If you think you are smarter than the apostle Paul, then do what most people are telling you on this forum.

This should not be a problem for your relationship. Love happens, and you shouldn't restrict your feelings just because of a religious matter. We cannot all be the same. Besides, Christianity is not as strict as other religions. Now, if you insist on the whole marriage thing, then she has to become a Christ-believer or both of you forget about marriage at all. You don't have to be married to be OK with someone you love, we don't live in the medieval times anymore. Sometimes a non-married couple has less problems than a married one. That's not an excuse for not getting married though. Follow your heart.

Unequally yoked,

Relationships are a work in progress and when it comes to those who are brought with the blood of Christ they are to consider their masters Word before anything.

From to old testament where it was told to the children of Israel that they should not marry the daughters of the surrounding nations, so they would not be tempted to worship their gods, to this day, the sames is true. But the reason is simple marriage is a picture of the church, the body of Christ. We are to walk in agreement especially when it come to belief in the Lord. There is an order the man is the head and the woman his help mate.

" can two walk together except they agree?

If a marraige is going to work you both have to be respectful of each others beliefs or lack there of. It needs to be okay for you to watch Joel Osteen when you want, and likewise it needs to be okay for her to not have to sit there and watch it with you.

Another consideration is children. If you want to have kids, you should discuss before you get married how they will be raised religiously. If its important to you to raise future children Christian, you need to make sure that is okay with her as well. If you don't get these things worked out now, you will be in for a rough time in the future.

Best of luck to you!

If you have open communication about the issue, it may work for now, but it will probably become more difficult as time goes on.

Do you both have mutual respect for each other's beliefs? Can you talk about it without arguing? It is a BIG issue ina long term relationship, make sure that you are sure!!

Also, if you need to ask onthis forum, you are NOT ready to get married no matter what the issue!!!

If you've really fallen for her then there should be nothing to stop you going further with the relationship. My wife's a catholic and I'm a non-believer for various reasons, and we have one lovely daughter and another on the way and so far our religious differences have not really mattered. Obviously there have been occasions where one of us (me) has had to concede in order to get things done. If you want your child to be baptised, for example, then she'd need to adapt. I guess it all depends how strong your beliefs are weighed up against how much you've fallen for her.

The next time she tells you stop watching Joel Osteen, tell her, "Well how about YOU watch it." If you want to believe in God, then you should be able to. And if she doesn't want to believe, then she shouldn't have to. Tell her that if she truly loves you, to let you do as you wish.

As long as she can keep an open mind, lean a little towards agnostic it should work. If she is a closed minded in your face atheist it won't. Just like it won't work if you are in her face about being atheist.

Will she be okay with your kids going to church? Will you be okay with her telling the kids to question whether God is real? If you can both be open about things then it should be fine.

1 Corinthians 7: 12

Now, I will speak to the rest of you, though I do not have a direct command from the Lord. If a Christian man[c] has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to continue living with him, he must not leave her. 13 And if a Christian woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to continue living with her, she must not leave him. 14 For the Christian wife brings holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband[d] brings holiness to his marriage. Otherwise, your children would not be holy, but now they are holy. 15 (But if the husband or wife who isn’t a believer insists on leaving, let them go. In such cases the Christian husband or wife[e] is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you[f] to live in peace.) 16 Don’t you wives realize that your husbands might be saved because of you? And don’t you husbands realize that your wives might be saved because of you?

So, you could lead her to Christ, but there's no guarantee. Also, if you aren't a strong Christian, she could lead YOU away from the Lord, because you would want to be pleasing your wife.

If it were me (and I were a guy) I would date this person a long time before I made up my mind. She may not even be as serious as you are (in thinking of marriage).

Consider if you want to come home from work to someone every night, who will complain if you watch Joel Osteen, or will possibly pout and take it out on you when you go to church on Sunday morning.

Sorry to be so blunt, but nothing good comes out of lying to yourself.

You should ask her if you want to marry her. Hope u won't wait for her to like joel osteen whoever the guy is

I think that you would really have to look at the long term affects, like someone else said, your children would probably be confused. And have you talked to her about that? Would you want your children growing up not knowing God, or would she care if they believed in God? There are so many questions that you would have to ask yourself and her if you truly want to marry her. I have read somewhere also about you and your mate being equally yolked.

I would not know what to do in your situation, I can imagine it being a bit hard. You're in my prayers! :)