promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I buy flowers for my roommate?

When my roommate and I first moved in together, she was going through a hard time with the place she was living, so I thought it would be nice to buy her some flowers. They were just orange carnations, which was her favorite colour. She loved them.

So now, the flowers are browning, and more or less wilting away and I'm thinking about replacing the flowers but, I don't want to come on too strong. I don't really have a good reason to buy her flowers.. And we're not in a relationship or anything. We're kind of borderline relationship material but, I don't want to rock the boat too badly.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think you should buy new flowers. All flowers wilt and die after a while. You're not going to get new ones every time they die. The whole buying flowers thing will become "routine" and if you end up in a relationship it won't be special anymore when you get her flowers. So save that for occasions :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could buy flowers to replace the orange ones, but only if you can back it up by saying you like fresh flowers. I wouldn't though, it was a nice gesture the first time, second time would be too strong.

• Thomas
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I would said no. you did enough to buy her some flowers when you allow her to move in with you due to her situation. since she fail to take care of them, maybe she having so much to deal with and forgot about them. I don't see it would be wise to replace them for her. this might send the wrong signal about you, if you go and replace them. that is my opinion.

• 1 decade ago

O.K. flowers are always nice to have around and with me, they make me feel good - heck I even buy them for myself! Don;t say anything - just replace them quietly and do this everytime you see that they need replacing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

flowers are always nice...

even if there are no reasosn to get any !

it just brightens up any place so go for it !

try some other flowers tho ...

• 1 decade ago

It's her flowers, let her be the one to decide when they need to be tossed.

• 1 decade ago

dont get them yet wait till she put thoes flowers away when there dead n then get her new 1's if u want

• 1 decade ago

yes, she prob would love them. every woman loves flowers.

• 1 decade ago

Naa dont...once is cute and all but hmm Na dont..it would make me feel weird..if i was here..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.