Good movies...?

I'm going to the store to buy some movies today. I want to get some good movies, ones worth buying versus just renting. What are some good movies you would recommend (my movie store has almost every movie under the sun, not just new ones)? If it helps, some of my favorite movies are Titanic, V for Vendetta, ... show more I'm going to the store to buy some movies today. I want to get some good movies, ones worth buying versus just renting. What are some good movies you would recommend (my movie store has almost every movie under the sun, not just new ones)?
If it helps, some of my favorite movies are Titanic, V for Vendetta, any Ed Norton movie, Catch Me If You Can, and Into the Wild. As you can see, I like a wide range of movies.
Also, my mom may be coming with me, so no R-rated movies or something she may question me watching (she's pretty cool for the most part. like, she got v for vendetta for me, but still...).
Update: Also, I hate horror movies.