Ladies Please Help?

Buddy at work suggested I meet one of his fiance's freinds. He told me she is really sweet and very attractive but she is tired of dating "boring" guys. So he gives me her number and I call her, we chatted for only a few minutes but I must say I was impressed with her tone, attitude, and just the ease of the conversation. We kinda texted each other a couple times over the holiday weekend. I have never been part of a "setup" like this and wanted to ask, when I call her back do I suggest drinks? dinner?etc? I dont want to seem desperate but I think she is cute and sweet. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated as to the venue of our meeting as well as any tips for not to be "boring" but not obnoxius.

Thanks

im in manhattan

Favorite Answer

You should definitely ask her out. You don't need to specify that it's a date; she'll figure it out. I think the best first dates are either kitchy or stimulating --maybe both. Invite her to do something that's stimulating regardless of the company. She'll come for the fun activity and then get to know you along the way. Take her to an exhibit at a museum --science museums are often fun. Take her to a nearby planetarium? Start shows are kind of weirdly romantic -- especially if she's at all intelligent. It can also be goofy fun to go to one of those pottery painting places (like Color Me Mine) on a weekend afternoon. It's okay if you are artistically challenged; it's endearing. (The bonus is that if you like her, you have a reason to get together again to pick up your glazed pieces in a few days.) Miniature golf can be a nostalgic kick on warm summer evening, and there's always bowling. Don't laugh; I'm serious! I think they key to winning a cool girl's affections is to not be live every other guy. I think the key is to have an activity in mind that will be silly and fun enough to break the ice. Of course after the main event you can have dinner or coffee or even drinks if that feels right. Just be sure to read her signs. If you feel like she's not into you, you can forgo the after-party, and it's all good because you had some good old fashioned fun for a few hours. Asking her to get together for one of these activities does not make you seem desperate; it makes you seem fun and cute. Maybe none of these suggestions are your style -- that's okay, but when you ask her out be sure to have a plan of some sort. That's the #1 complaint I hear from my girlfriends about first dates: "He had NO plan! Is he boring or is he just hoping that we would have drinks and go straight to the sex?". Most quality women find it a little insulting if you don't have some idea of what you want to do. Show her what's cool about you. If you hit it off; she can plan future dates and show you what's fun about her.

Good luck. It's really cool that you are a little nervous. It's a great sign, actually. If she talked to you one the phone and texted you, chances are she's wondering why you haven't asked her out yet. I think it's safe to move ahead. Don't keep her waiting for ever. That gives the impression that you are seeing someone else and/or are not very interested.

Well, in my opinion........a "boring" guy would be someone who cant hold a conversation, or only talks about himself the whole time. Also, a boring guy would be someone who isnt really spontaneous or likes doing the same things all the time. I think for a "first date" dinner or drinks would be fine. And since you said that the conversation you already had went smoothly, just go somewhere where you two can talk and get to know each other. This way you can find out more about each other and more about what kinds of things she likes to do, so that way if things go good, you can suggest a "not so boring" second date! Good luck!

My dates always started with drinks and/or dinner and went from there. Restaurants/bars with a fun and trendy atmosphere are preferred and even better if they have a dj or live music because most girls love to dance. Depending on where you live, and if there is something cool nearby you could take a walk. Here in So Cal, there are a lot of clubs on the beach and its nice to take a walk after dinner and get a little romantic. Good luck and don't be annoying, girls hate that. Compliments go a long way too!

Really anytime you are ready you could call or text her. If you aren't exactly sure how to start, you could say something like "I don't mean to be bold, but would you like to get a drink or go to the movie's sometime. I'd really like to get to know you more."

Girls really appreciate it when a guy is straight forward with them, so I think that she will feel the same way. Just go out and don't worry about being entertaining enough. I'm sure she has some attraction to you, or she wouldn't have responded to your calls or texts. Be funny, but don't try to be, and of course be a gentleman. That, in my opinion anyway, is the most important quality. You seem like a nice enough guy, and I'm sure you'll do just fine. =]

good luck.

dont suggests drinks as in alcohol.. no one says you are an alcoholic or anything but since she barely knows you & your first get together would be at a bar its not a good first impression. i say lunch (: going out to eat is a great way to just sit down with someone & talk. plus if you run out of conversation usually at resturants convo comes up.. food.. resturant etc. i say ask her out for lunch rather than dinner because not sure why dinner always seems to be more romantic & calls for more dressing up where as lunch is just mid day you can find a place to eat outside& the pressure of the night isnt there lol :P & lunch is just way more casual. if this is making sense(: call her again & ask her if she'd like to meet for lunch one day, TRY NOT TO JUST MAKE IT THE NEXT. that be bad (: say within the next week & if she agrees ask HER what day is best for you.

good luck(:

I would say call her and tell her you would love to meet in person sometime. Ask her what she likes to do then go from there. If not dinner and maybe a game place or something shes into. No movies, since you dont really know eachother well it will be akward. To not be boring, just talk to her. Let her know your interested. Ask her some things about herself and give her somethings about you. Hope it goes well.

The fact that you guys clicked right away is already a hint that you are not "boring" to her. I think that the first date should either be dinner or a movie...or both! It doesn't matter what you do on the date, but more or less how you come off and the conversations you have with her.

i met my bf by being set up by our best friends who were dating at the time!! hes best mates with my best mates now ex...if that makes any sense!! anywayy....they gave him my number and like you we chatted really easily had a lot in common and ended up talking non stop until the 4 of us all went out. we went to the cinema and then out for some dinner. although it was the 4 of us there so we were being watched by our friends hahahaha it was a prefect 1st date and we have now been together nearly 2 months =D

cinema was a nice place to start as it gave us a chance to gte close without having to talk too much and we ended up holding hands! then in the resturant we felt more at ease and chatted more easily and then ended up walking holding hands to the bus home and ended the night on a very nice kiss!!

most important thing is to relax and if you like the sound of her go for it!! you have nothing to loose! good luck let us know how it goes!! =D

xxxxx hope i helped =S xxx

I would say don't suggest 'drinks' cause she may not be into that..cause I know I'm not..so I would suggest dinner so you guys can get to know eachother and talk..cause after all a movie wouldn't give you guys much to talk cause you are watching the movie so I think just suggest dinner at a nice restaurant..hope this helps : )

NOT the movies... or anything else where you can't talk. Maybe you could suggest dinner and some evening activities with your friend, his fiance, and this woman you met. A group outing would be less awkward and allow you to get to know her a lot better in a natural setting.