Would you hire a 12 year old babysitter who completed a red-cross babysitting course?

My friend and I took a babysitting course at the american red cross and both passed and got certificates along with a first aide kit. Would you hire us or do you think we are too young. We are both very responsible but please be completely honest.

Best Answer

Absolutely. It would have to be someone I knew from the neighborhood, church, or y kids older sister or something. or even if a friend encouraged hiring you. Great job for completing the red cross course! If you go to church, put an add in the church bulletin, or volunteer in the nursery. Even put up posters at a local elementary school.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): hire 12 year babysitter completed red cross babysitting course: https://bitly.im/MSFV1

I, personally, wouldn't hire a babysitter that I didn't know before hand. But if I knew you, I think 12 is a good age to start baby sitting.

If I knew you, or your family I might. Well, not me, but if I was an average person that let somebody watch my child(lmao). I used to babysit when I was your age, and loved it and was very good with the kids. When I was 12, I watched 2 kids that were 4 and 3, and the other family had a 6 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. It seemed so much easier than, and I loved it. Now I'm 21 and have a 22 month old and I couldn't imagine doing that all over again! lol.

But back to if I was an average person looking for somebody to watch my child. I would make sure it was only for a fwe hours at a time, and I would make sure you were watching my child(ren) somewhere close to your family where you could get help if needed.

First of all, congrats on completing the course!

I'm not sure, it would depend on how old my kids were that you would be watching and how well I knew you already. I'd probably hire you as a mother's helper, but I still feel that 12 is a little young to have so much responsibility.

After an interview, yes, and if my daughter wasn't 13 and old enough to take care of herself! I'd hire any baby-sitter 12+.

Good luck!

No I wouldn't. Completing a course and knowing how to perform first aid doesn't give you knowledge about how react emotionally with a crying baby. That only comes with maturity and experience (yes I know you can't get experience if no one lets you do it, but get used to that, it happens in the job world too!) I can't see a 12 year old with a crying baby that won't stop for an hour not getting stressed and freaked out. I'm saying this because I was a 12 year old babysitting, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. The baby was asleep when I got there and stayed asleep, but if it had woke up, I would have been screwed. I personally wouldn't hire one under age 15. But that's just me. One idea, since you do need to get experience somehow, one person had a good suggestion.. a mother's helper. I would have no problem letting a 12 year old help me with the baby if I was there. I would show her how to take care of the baby and how to react when the baby is upset, and let her do the work so she learns the ropes. Call it on the job training.

• Livvye

I'm sure that you have learned in your class that their is NO legal age to babysit, so it realyl depends on maturity. Personally, I would be glad to hire them as a mother's helper or to watch my kids for 2-3 hours. Not for an entire evening though.

Yes after an interview, talk with her parents or family. Also it would be best for only a few hours or once the kids are asleep. Honestly, when they are that young they take the babysitting job more seriously.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Mom of 2

if i knew her and the family. but since Gracie is only 6 month old i prefer having my parents watch her or something. maybe when she is 3 and up i will consider a teenage babysitter, but she is so young i feel more comfortable with my parents watching her.