Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 decade ago

has anyone gotten a virus from snopes.com?

i was at my parents house and my friend went on snopes.com and a couple days later when we turned on the computer there were a million pop-ups and the computer just shut itself down and now you can't even get on. i went on snopes.com yesterday on my laptop and the same thing happened, i had to restore my computer to an earlier time. has anyone else had a virus from going on this website?

the only site i went on, on my parents computer was snopes.com. on my laptop was snopes.com and yahoo mail.

Favorite Answer

I really doubt you got it from snopes.com . Hard to believe that the only site you visited for 3 days was just snopes.com

This site has been on the net for ages. You probably got it somewhere else. Snopes.com is a respected site.

Well, I stand by my words about snopes.com . No one has ever gotten a virus from their website. Good night.

2

Source(s): The Best Antivirus Software - http://moveantivirus.com/?YjzA