soph_elizabeth asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Do long rubber riding boots squeak when you ride in a leather saddle?

Favorite Answer

I thought so but it turned out I was riding the horse all over the barn which is infested with mice...and i had given the horse special spike-grips on its horseshoes.

well, I use leather but I've worn both. I'd have to reccoment the rubber, because some leather boots can dig into you when you ride (don't ask why, they can fit perfectly and than they hurt, I don't know). I would have to reccomend the rubber. You could also put your feet like your riding when you try on the leather boots and see how they feel. Try on both if you can and see how they work out for you. Thats why the leather ones might be "used"!

I have a pair of long leather riding boots so thats effectively the same thing . . . Mine squeak alot after the saddle has been cleaned or I've polised my boots before a show which is extrememly annoying when show jumping !

• Ari

Unfortunately, they do. I had a rubber pair for the longest time, hoping they'd break in and quit squeaking.. but no luck. Eventually, I just got a pair of leather field boots, (but unfortunately, I still squeak on my dressage saddle! The huntseat saddle is quiet though.)

I have a synthetic saddle and rubber boots and they squeak like hell, I've ridden in a leather saddle too and they squeaked, but i know a lot of people whose boots don't squeak so i think it differs depending on the saddle and boots.

xx

They only squeak if your legs are moving around, if it happens when you are doing the rising trot try rising properly and not using your stirrups

• sometimes... but you're not supposed to ride in rubber boots

my sister does horse riding and when iv been there i never hear any squeaking (except the horses squeaks)

• Debi

Some do and some don't - my daughter's leather (Mountain horse) boots do it as well.

i have some now and they dont make a noise whether ur running or walking urself or any gait of speed while riding ur horse..