Why do Muslim women have to wear those black covers?

When it's a natural thing for men and women to be attracted to each other.

How could a man see if hes attracted to her on a date if shes all covered up?

Update:

Why black anyway?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Thanks alot for your question

here are the 6 criterias of the hijab for men and women not only women as you will see:

Extent:

The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of ‘hijaab’.

All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.

The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.

The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.

The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.

The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers’ religions.

last thing to add is a small example of twin sisters

Suppose two sisters who are twins, and who are equally beautiful, walk down the street. One of them is attired in the Islamic hijaab i.e. the complete body is covered, except for the face and the hands up to the wrists. The other sister is wearing western clothes, a mini skirt or shorts. Just around the corner there is a hooligan or ruffian who is waiting for a catch, to tease a girl. Whom will he tease? The girl wearing the Islamic Hijaab or the girl wearing the skirt or the mini? Naturally he will tease the girl wearing the skirt or the mini. Such dresses are an indirect invitation to the opposite sex for teasing and molestation. The Qur’an rightly says that hijaab prevents women from being molested.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Natural Acne Cure System - http://AcneAway.raiwi.com/?myLP
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why do Muslim women have to wear those black covers?

When it's a natural thing for men and women to be attracted to each other.

How could a man see if hes attracted to her on a date if shes all covered up?

Source(s): muslim women wear black covers: https://tr.im/meQiA
  • slomka
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Clothes For Muslim Ladies

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • knouse
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What Do Islamic Women Wear

• 1 decade ago

The dress women wear is called "Aba", and it doesn't have to be black, it just happened that Black is the most common color around, as soon as the "Aba" covers all of her body, except for the face and hands, they don't have to be covered.

As for the attraction thing, when a man wants to get married, and goes to see some girl at her house, he has the right to see her bareheaded, yes, the face and the hair, so that he knows what he's getting himself into, I mean, she could be ugly and if he marries her before seeing her, it'll ruin both of their lives.

• 1 decade ago

Only in conservative, less cosmopolitan areas of the Middle East is it common...though even some of the more "advanced" Middle Eastern countries have laws prescribing it. It's an extreme interpetation of "modesty". Presumably Muslims think that men will go lust-crazy if they see any woman not entirely covered up.

This is somehow called "honoring" the woman..."protecting" her from the eyes of anyone beyond her family or husband.

They don't date in areas where this is a requirement. Marriages are arranged.

Tribalism still holds tightly to the less educated regions of the Middle East.

Strictly speaking, the only thing that Muslim women are REQUIRED to wear is a head or face scarf. Mohammed evidently had a thing about head hair or something.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Black is for satanic things many times and I wonder about why they chose black. I think it is an absolute pity that the women are oppressed with these horrible burqas. They look like something that you might want to wear in a blizzard except for not being water proof and those poor women have to wear those awful things in all kinds of weather.

The truth is the men want their women covered up so as not to be a temptation to the men who have no self-control. The parents arrange the marriages. They always condone the man and judge the woman unfairly if she gets raped also. It's a very harsh religion for the women to be forced with. Also, they are beaten and/or tortured sometimes if they change to another religion.

• ...Show all comments
    • Alexis4 years agoReport

Charcoal is black, and you use it for stove gas, so I guess you're in league with Satan as well -_-

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am Non-Muslim and my best friend happens to be a male, Egyptian, Muslim and said he prefers to see women without anything covering their face. He is a 'liberal' Muslim and believes in equal rights. Also, the women don't have to wear black but most prefer to.

Edit: My friend said he would have dated me if I wasn't already with someone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Greeks and Spanish women used to wear veils too. Its probably got its roots somewhere in the later Roman Empire. The prohibition of images started with Christian iconoclasts, and islam started as a Christian heresy.

• 1 decade ago

It is their supressive, male-dominated religion to force women to wear those ridiculous burkas, and that's their way of making them totally unattractive and inaccessible to men.

They don't date, they just make arrangements to have their assigned mate to be available. This is a primitive and disgusting tradition. Where are the women's rights groups? Why are they not protesting in the streets of these backward and oppressive Middle East countries? They would be stoned to death, that's why? But why then aren't they protesting in the streets of America where they are free to spout their verbal garbage? Ask them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.