License suspension for FTA (failure to appear)?

I had my license suspended for failure to appear on a citation recieved 3 years ago. Stuff got lost in the mail and i didnt find out about it till now. The notice says that i have to pay the civil assesment before my license can be reinstated.

If i pay the complete bail amount how long would it take for my license to get reinstated with the california DMV?

Favorite Answer

A motion to dismiss for lack of a speedy trial is proper in some cases, even when you’ve failed to appear in response to a ticket, if the system has taken no action against you for over a year.

California Constitution, article I, section 15

Serna v. Superior Court (1985) 40 Cal.3d 239

Rost v. Municipal Court (1960) 184 Cal.App.2d 507

United States Constitution, Amendment VI

Moore v. Arizona (1973) 414 U.S. 25

So before you pay that $500 ticket, invest $20 for the motions in "Beat Your Ticket: Go to Court & Win!" by Attorney David Wayne Brown and published by Nolo Press.

Chapter 10 Fighting an Infraction Citation

E. Motions After Arraignment

2. Various Types of Motions

d. Motion to Dismiss—Long Delay Before Arraignment

e. Motion to Dismiss—Long Delay Before Arrest for Misdemeanor

*/End of Line.

Source(s): Personal knowledge, information, and belief. http://nolo.com/product.cfm/ObjectID/5049A39C-99F3...