Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

are airplanes fun to ride? are they scary?

Hello I am going on an airplane ride next month and I was wondering if they are fun or scary because there so high?

Oh and i'm going to be on it for about three hours. thanks.

Favorite Answer

airplanes are just like sitting in a chair with a lot of people around u. they aren't scary unless ur scared of heights. but i'm scared of heights but i've been flying on an airplane since i was a baby so i get used to it. but if ur flying through bad weather like a rainy day or a lot of clouds then it can be scary cause you get a bumpy ride. i personally like riding through rough weather because it feels like a roller coaster but some people are scared of it.

just to let u know when u get 2 ur seat look out the window and c where the wings and engine is because if ur near the engine then u'll hear a lot of noise so don't think somethings wrong with the plane. if ur on the wings or just behind them then u will hear a noise under u right after take off and right before landing. don't worry its just the landing gear.

make sure u have gum and something 2 do that will keep u occupied.

and please turn ur cell phone off during the flight because my dad works for the Delta and he told me that cell phones might do something to the radio thing where the pilots talk to the people at the destination to help u land.

Source(s): me and my 14 years(life) of flying expierience

Airplanes are not scary at all the scariest it could ever get would be the turbulence at the beginning of the flight yet all that does is push you back in your seat.Since your flight is three hours it shouldn't be as bad, You will have a movie screen with alot of different movies,If you want to listen to the movie the headphones are $5 each (no tax).

The flight attendants will come around every so often to ask if you want drinks drinks are free but alcohol is not.Just to warn you they don't let you bring gel or liquids of ANY kind on the plane more that 3 oz.The ride seems short for now but on the plane it feels like a lifetime.So I suggest you bring something to do like a book or a pen and some paper.There is a tray that folds out of the seat in front of you but you can't open it until the seat belt sign is off first.The movie you get will either be Finding Neverland or Nim's Island, They are both good movies but Nim's Island is much better than Finding Neverland.There will only be two interesting catalogs in your pocket on the plane one is U.S. Airways (If that is your flight co.)and SkyMall which has a large variety of things from Brookstone and other large companys.In most airports there are Brookstone stores where you can purchase some of the items from the catalog,(You can take the SkyMall with you).There is also a catalog called Duty Free it should have a picture of J Lo on the cover and during the flight the flight attendants will come by with a cart so you may buy some of the things in the catalog.All of the catalogs can be brought home with you if you want them.The Duty Free has mostly Alcohol and cigarrettes.

Please rate this high I only have 96 points PLEASE.

Source(s): This just explains about the flight.

I just got back from Orlando a couple of weeks ago and rode in an airplane for the first time. I'm 28! Yes, the airplane was fun but Disney World is much more fun. You can play your DS as long as you aren't taking off in the plane or landing. They will let you know when it is okay to play it. Haunted House wasn't scary to me (a little boring) but to my 9 year old son it was scary so I guess it depends on what type of things scary you. Universal Studios is was also lots of fun. Have a great time!

Fun Airplanes

I personally don't think they are scary, but some people do. The only way for you to find out if you think they are scary is to ride in one yourself! Keep in mind that turbulence causes no threat to the aircraft. Planes are made to handle turbulence. Your chances of crashing in an airplane are much less than in a car. If you get motion sickness, it may not be a bad idea to bring some Dramamine with you. Have a good flight!

Source(s): f/a

It totally depends on the person. I personally think they are totally fun (except the food). The biggest thing to know is that planes make all kinds of noises, and they can shake. You will feel bumps in take-off and during flight. All of these are completely normal. Think of it as an amusement ride (but don't scream -- everyone will look at you really weird), and you'll have a blast.

Source(s): Many, many flights

Yes you will enjoy very much.You will see all the things as little ants.I think that aeroplane is fun to ride.If you feel scary then take a deep breath.The food which is given on airplane is very enjoyable.Don't forget to drink a lot of water as it prevents nausea.Enjoy!

It's not scary but if you get motion sickness it won't be fun. I hate flying, I always get nauseous and headaches and take a few days to recover. During takeoff it can give you that mild roller coaster feeling. So if you don't like roller coasters than that will suck. Hope you do okay :)

well, everyone has their opinions, you have to experience it to feel it. in my opinion airplanes are scary; and dangerous;

because your basically giving the pilot your whole life;

and if the plane crashes your dead, but if it doesn't your safe.

planes are pretty fun & scary at the same time, when you look outside the window, it feels like your in heaven.

no it is not scary

last year, it was my first time riding it for like 6 hours and people told me that is was really scary, but it was nothing

it felt the same as riding a car for me, but i dont know about you so.... Good Luck!!