Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How can i loose belly fat?

how honestly can i loose some belly fat in any time?

Favorite Answer

This is what I do. Eat 3 meals a day.. if you eat a lot, try cutting your food portion in half. Breakfast is important.. cereal, oatmeal, etc. Lunch.. you want to balance it out have little bit of greens, meats, and fruits. You don't want to stuff yourself during dinner time.. If you're hungry in between meals.. eat a piece of fruit or chew on veggie sticks. Exercise is important.. like sit ups, push ups, jogging around in your area. Gym is good too.. or you can order dance work out dvds like Core Rhythms (it's what I use now). I used to have a belly couple years ago and struggle to loose it now I'm back in shape.

Weight loss and fitness is always a long term commitment and never a quick fix. If you really want to reduce your weight a bit, this is a complex regime, that should help, I would get a pencil to write it down, in case you forget any of the intricate details.

Currently only using the criteria 'lose weight' there are 8,893 questions and answers on Answers already. Mis-spell it as 'loose weight' and you get another 2,483 ! 'Weight loss' will add another 1,783. 'Too fat ' 14,771 and 'overweight' 2,557 and 'over weight' 24,858 !!!!!.

'Diet Pills' gives 582, Adios 122, Hoodia 193, 'pink patch' 113, 'Xenical' 84 'Reductil' 76, 'Slim fast' 210 (and Slimfast 69 ), lipobind 26, lipotrim 43 and 'orlistat' 39 . Do you spot a pattern here?

Here comes the only answer, no tricks, no pills, no short cuts, If you really want to lose weight, loose weight, not be too fat or overweight, follow these instructions carefully:-

1) Eat less

2) Take regular vigorous exercise

Repeat 1+2 forever

I am afraid this answer of mine is cut and pasted about 10 times every day, though I do update the numbers. What would really be the point is creating a new answer each time for an identical question, which actually has an answer that everybody knows already?

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

I don't think its possible to spot-reduce fat. (I.E choose one area to 'work' on like you can with muscles). You will need to burn calories in general, with aerobic exercise, and even then the weight might not be lost from just your belly, although losing enough will probably benefit the fat over your entire body.

I would suggest aerobic exercise, that's the type that gets you really huffing and puffing. Treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines, skipping, sit ups, aerobic classes, dancing etc. will all help. If you join a local gym they often have these things to count how many calories you burn. If you are up for calorie counting diets (which can often be difficult) then try to burn off at least 1 meal a day, if not, an hour and a half workout 4 times a week will help you drop weight, and therefore fat.

Don't eat right b4 you go to bed. Wait at least two hours after eating and then go to bed. Eat in small portions, because when you eat in big portions, what ever your body won't use will be stored as fat and that's how your belly gets big. Instead of 3 big meals, try to east 6 or 7 small meals. Avoid Carbs as much as you can, and of course exercises for at least half hour everyday. IF you keep this up, trust me, your belly fat will disappear in no time.

Source(s): Experience

Everyone says sit ups which is wrong. Sit ups will tone the muscle under your belly fat but wont target that fat on your belly. You can't choose where the fat comes off, it comes off where it wants to. I'd honestly suggest a lower calorie and fat diet and add some protein. Protein is harder for your body to digest so it burns more calories, drink a lot of COLD water!! 1 glass of cold waters makes your body burn 100 calories while trying to warm it up. Work on cardio, running, jogging, walking, cycling, swimming. Anything to get your heart pumping. Also if you want to , try some hydroxycut hardcore, it's working wonders for me. Don't get into the things that say they will target fat b/c you can't choose where your fat comes off of.

Source(s): Read plenty of books on dieting, working out, gaining muscle, and have actually done a lot of it myself.

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Isometric exercises that target the abdominal area. Sit-ups will do little more than build the muscles in the stomach area and this will actually cause you to look more fat as the muscles build and push the fat out more.

Source(s): Ask a personal trainer and they will tell you the same thing.

run as far as is comfortable start at 2 miles in 14 min. if that too hard switch to 16min. this is to burn off calories which is what fat is stored calories, and sit ups but not just regular sit ups you have to do full sit ups knees bent back on floor bring chest to knees and go back down but go down slow don't flop or if you have a sit up bench make it incline and go up till straight and back down slow, side to sides sit on butt on floor lift legs up and back balance and touch hands to right then left go back and forth one touch on each side counts as a rep, and finally leg raised hang from something (preferably a pull up bar but don't matter as long as won't break) and lift legs straight out in front of you and go back down go up slow hold 3 seconds then back down slow. doing this will get rid of it and you shouldn't have to change your diet too much just eat the same as now and avoid fast food and fried food if you eat a lot of it, one every now and again (1 possibly 2 depend on your running distance and time is OK but no more)

Walk, run, or ride a bike 20 - 40 minutes a day. Not a recumbent bike, your torso needs to support itself. Moderately fast, so your heart rate increases. Try it for 6 weeks.

Keep a food journal and also email it every night to a family member or friend. The accountability will keep an individual honest.