Shun asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

do you get paid during army basic training?

i would like to know do you get paid during army basic training

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you do. You get paid of the 1st and 15th every month unless you opt for just a monthly payment. Keep in mind though it may take a bit for the first paycheck to come in.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Army Basic Training Pay

• AD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, you get paid. If you come in now as an E-1 you get paid $1239.90 a month as your base pay until you hit four months, which will increase your pay to $1340.40 until you get promoted. If you come in as a E-2 or higher you will get paid the same as anyone else in the Army with that rank who has less than two years time in service. You will also get Basic Allowance for Housing for your hometown if you are married or have dependents with custody (if you don't have custody you only get partial payment which is the difference between single BAH and married BAH, usually around $200 a month) and your dependents will be eligible for Tricare, access to the PX, Commissary, and MWR facilities, and almost all other military benefits available at the closest base to where they live at. You DO NOT have to pay for your uniforms or equipment unless you LOOSE them after getting them issued and have to get it replaced. Only officers have to pay for their uniforms but their equipment they use to go to war with (body armor, helmet, etc...) are issued for free and must be returned before they get out the military or paid for if lost.

Source(s): Base Pay: http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables/... BAH (if married or if you have dependents) http://usmilitary.about.com/od/housingallowance/a/... Military benefits: http://www.militarybenefits.com/ Also, I went to basic nine years ago, got paid, and didn't pay for anything except haircuts and hygene products.
  • 1 decade ago

i dont know why i am gonna answer this cause all these people are right but ill add more. you start off as an E01 and youll make around 8-900 every oter week. unless you have a wife and kids. then you would get seperation pay. thats anywhere from 150 to 400 dollars on top of the 8-900 you already make. and if you have your name on a lease, you would get BAH (rent) which varies from where you live. if the average rent where you live is 400 youll get like 300 on top of all the other money you make. i 740 every month (320 every other week) just for having a lease. so they are paying my rent while im over here in iraq. its not bad. but dont break annything that the army issues you casue they will charge you 4 times what it cost and take it out of your pay.

Source(s): INARNG 13B feild artillary cannon crew member. stationed at q-west base camp.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Base Pay Army

• 1 decade ago

Usually, when you go into the Army, you are at the rank of E-1 (private). So, you get paid as an E-1 until such time that you advance to E-2. Then, you get that pay, and so on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, you get paid. You're even given a pay advance so that you can buy necessities that you need once you get to Basic Training.

Source(s): US Army SSG
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it's like the Royal Air Force,which it most likely is you get paid after your first yr of training. Check out their website to see the pay for pacific jobs etc..

And btw..the sum that shows is the least yew will get :) x

• 1 decade ago

Yes

• 1 decade ago

You do always get paid through boot camp, you just don't get to use the money, and they do dock the money for the initial uniforms and necessities you will need, but when I finished Navy boot camp I had like at least a thousand dollars, but I went in as an E-3.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.