promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Did I miss any Of John McCain's flip-flops?

1) voted twice against bush's tax cuts now is for them

2) Was against drilling one week and magically for them the next

3) Tried to opt out of campaign financing which was against the McCain-feinghold bill he created lol.

4) Says he never was for amnesty but tried to weasel a bill through to give amnesty to illegals.

5) Was pro-ethenol b4 he was against it.

6) Said wed be in iraq for 100 yrs, then a couple of months, then by 2013.

7) Took him 5 minutes to flip-flop on gay marriage in a townhall meeting in Oregon.

8) John Hagee...Reached out for his support and then casted him under the bus.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Sport
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course you missed some McCain Flip-Flops, But it isn't you fault. There are so many McCain flip flops happening so often, and so quickly, that it will be difficult for anyone to keep up with them.

1.) McCain flip flops the RELIGIOUS RIGHT

McCain said that Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson were agents of intolerance then told Tim Russert they were not and he then spoke at Liberty U

"I don't pander to the them (Religious Right) because I don't ascribe to their failed philosophy that money is our message."

then later,"the 'Christian right' has a major role to play in the Republican Party."

2.) John McCain Flip Flops on the CONFEDERATE FLAG:

McCain said that "the confederate flag is a proud symbol of southern heritage" than there days later said "the confederate flag is an offensive symbol"

3.) McCain flip-flops again on IMMIGRATION

During a presidential primary debate in January 2008, McCain was asked if he would vote for his own immigration bill if it came to the Senate floor again. He replied, "No, I would not, because we know what the situation is today. The people want the border secured first."

In June 2008, McCain told the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials he would resurrect a bipartisan immigration bill, which he helped shape, which would include a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants who are already in the country. He said, "It would be my top priority yesterday, today and tomorrow."

4.) McCain Flip-flops on OFFSHORE DRILLING

During the 2000 Presidential campaign, McCain favored the moratorium on offshore drilling, promising to "never lose sight of the fundamental principle that federal land management decisions affecting local communities must be made in cooperation with the Americans who call those communities home."

Then, in June 2008, McCain called for an end to these federal bans, saying, "It is time [...] to lift these restrictions and to put our own reserves to use."

5.) McCain flip flops on REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS

Running for president in 1999, McCain was opposed to repealing Roe v. Wade. He said, "Certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations."

NOW: McCain's website says, "John McCain believes Roe v. Wade is a flawed decision that must be overturned, and as president he will nominate judges who understand that courts should not be in the business of legislating from the bench." Additionally, on several occasions, McCain has said himself, "I do not support Roe v. Wade. It should be overturned."

6.) McCain flip flops on SOCIAL SECURITY

THEN: Stumping for President Bush in New Hampshire in 2004, McCain responded to a participant's question saying, "Without privatization, I don't see how you can possibly, over time, make sure that young Americans are able to receive Social Security benefits."

NOW: In 2008, McCain answered a participant's question at a town hall event in New Hampshire, saying, "I'm not for, quote, privatizing Social Security. I never have been. I never will be."

7.) McCain flip-flops on TAX CUTS

THEN: In 2001, McCain opposed and voted against Bush's tax cuts, saying, "I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us, at the expense of middle class Americans who most need tax relief."

THEN: McCain opposed Bush's additional tax cuts in 2003, because he argued the cost of the Iraq War was not yet known.

NOW: In 2006, McCain voted to make these tax cuts permanent. In a 2008 presidential debate, he said, "We need to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, which I voted for twice to do so."

We could go on and on with this list.

Question: How you can tell if McCain is Flip Flopping or Waffling?

Answer: Carefully watch his mouth and see if his lips are moving.

By the way, By the time the Presidential debates get here the new, politically correct term for "Flip-Flops" or "Waffling" will be called

'Pulling a "McCain"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Don't let's forget McCain's dumping his first wife because she was sick and marrying Cindi for $$$.

Or being against lobbyists and then OOPS, finding virtually all his campaign staff are, horrors, lobbyists! And many of them are not the nice kind of lobbyists; they worked for some of the most repressive regimes in the world, think Burma!

And of course now we are hearing from the Vietnam government that they treated him with kid gloves as soon as they found out he was the son of an admiral.

Or what about his penchant to fly off the handle into rages for no reason, or how he tried to prevent the families of MIA in Vietnam from looking for their sons/brothers/husbands, and heaping scorn and anger on them in the halls of Congress.

This is not a nice man, and he is flagrantly dishonest as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You may not have missed any flip flops, but you may have missed the story on his spiritual adviser, Rod Parsley. Parsley said that it is America's job to see Islam destroyed. This is a man that McCain views as his spiritual adviser. So, if Obama can be labeled a racist and anti-American due to his association with Reverend Wright, then it is only fair to label McCain a hater of Muslims who wants to see them destroyed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I respectfully disagree, for the whole and real truth

http://www.johnmccain.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • daddio
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

now, run down a list of Mr. Obama's please.

or are you just another partisan hack too?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO! YOUR SURE A SPIN DOCTOR HUH! WHAT A CROCK OF B.S!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.