Why did John McCain vote against a holliday for Martin Luther Kings B-Day so many times?

and Why did he support the confederate flag and then change positions before he ran for president the firt time.

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/alerts...

why has he not renounced the support of the KKK?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/4...

Is this reflective of how he feels about the concerns of minorities and equal rights in America?

my apologiy use the second set of links.

Favorite Answer

Did Obama renounce the support of the Black Panthers?

First link = page not found

second Link = no article

~~~~~~~~~`

EDIT:

Thanks for the new links

The KKK thing is no different than Farrakhan's support of Obama.

I don't know about the MLK thing. I know of at least one state that didn't pass the MLK holiday - they passed a "Human Rights Day" instead.

There are still a great many people who don't think Dr King should have a day special for his memory - especially since there isn't a day set aside specifically for a single President.

Source(s): Are they ever going to put Obama on the spell check?

www.ebaumsworld.com? hahaha isn't that the website that has videos of teenagers lighting each other on fire etc?

Why did Obama say he does not repudiate the comments his rev. made. And then a few weeks later after all the media attention he said he does. This was just this year!

• eppler

i do no longer choose a holiday to understand the cost of Abe Lincoln, G Washington, St. Patrick, or perhaps Rev. King. they are giants with or with no US holiday. on the different hand, my father is a super guy and actually would desire to have a holiday detailed in his call..... you spot how dopey this gets genuine speedy. I think of McCain feels the comparable.

Sen. McCain claimed that it costs too much money for the government to recognize MLK day. He did not apologize until he became the presumptive nominee.

His half apology took place in Memphis on April 4, as the crowd booed him. He had a black guy hold his umbrella while he gave his so-called apology. I find it odd that he waited until he became a viable candidate (for the presidency) to change his mind.

Two reasons: 1) McCain's state of Arizona rejected it, and he goes by the will of the people. 2)Because MLK in no way deserves to be the only American with a holiday.

If McCainiac voted against a King "holiday," I guess he actually did something right.

WHY is Martin Luther King the ONLY person to have his own "holiday"? Washington and Lincoln lost their days; it's now "President's Day."

Same reason I was against it Don't think we should have '

presidents day for all the great man who serve ALL of America Know your image is very important to you but not to me

I dont support making MLK a federal holiday. There were others with MLK, what about them? Even MLK would have disapproved of such over indulgent glorification

Those are his true colors, and the true colors of the people that support him. Did you know, there's actually a guy on YA! that calls himself "whiteskinheadsrule" and he supports McCain!

Who would vote AGAINST a holiday for their state?

McCain, because it was for a peace-loving black man.

And they call Obama racist!