Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Does smoking weed kill your ambition?

Favorite Answer

Marijuana has a chemical in it called tetrahydrocannabinol, better known as THC. A lot of other chemicals are found in marijuana, too—about 400 of them, some of which are carcinogenic.

Risks:

Pot affects a user’s judgment, motor coordination, and short-term memory. Weed can cause increased heart rate and make some users extremely anxious or paranoid. Smoking marijuana regularly also causes some changes in the brain similar to those caused by long-term use of cocaine and heroin.

Research found that students with an average grade of “D” or below were more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the past year as students who reported an average grade of “A.” Students who have smoked marijuana within the past year are more than twice as likely to have cut class than those who did not smoke.

Regular marijuana users often have shortened attention spans, decreased energy and ambition, poor judgment and impaired ability to communicate and relate to others. Young people who use marijuana weekly have double the risk of depression later in life.

I have nothing against people sparking the occasional blunt, but just like alcohol, if you have an addictive nature you can make it your daily regimen and it will rule your life. So YES, I feel it can kill ambition. Everything in moderacy.

There's a condition called "Marijuana Amotivational Syndrome" I've pasted the link below:

Any Aspect of life can kill or enhance ambition, As Children we are an OPEN CANVAS to be Designed and Created by the influences around us, We will never see all that we are Until after we are dead,

I have smoked, drank, "Partied" 1/6th of my life, I have sat in Depression for 3/6 or 1/2 of my life, and I have BIRTHED and RE-BIRTHED my Perspective of my life for 2/6 of my life, and in the end, I've come to this perspective, One can decide to allow their ability to be changed/influenced by whatever medium they choose to. Marijuana I thought helped me to get my creative juices flowing for a part of that 1/6th of my life involved with Smoking, Drinking and "Partying" I quickly realized that it didn't help enhance at all, Those Creative Ambitions were in me, not influenced or enduced by weed at all, I just needed a way to find them for myself, and it was the weed that re-connected my however briefly to it...

(It in fact probably distracted me from the other influences that skewed my perspective from realizing those aspects of my life)

YES,smoking weed kills your ambition.

Source(s): PERSONAL OBSERVATION

whoa some people make it seem like pot is harmful...

It depends on what type of person you are...If you are on the slow "duh" side, then yeah when u get high you will be even more slower and your judgement will be a little off. But on the other hand, if your on the smart side then smoking pot can actually enhance your judgement and keep you motivated.

Its always fun to smoke a fatty....

• gregg

Actually, smoking pot makes your intellect absorb the feelings around you. If you are around ambitious people and they are smoking pot, you'll be just as ambitious as they are.

• delta

That is a tricky question