Have there ever been so many threats to our security in the past?

Terrorism,
global warming,
run away inflation,
real estate collapse,
increasing air, and oceanic pollution,
wide-spread and easy acquisition of nuclear technology,
huge earthquakes overdue,
super volcanic eruptions overdue,and
frequent contamination of our food supplies?
Update: Or am I just a cup- half -empty kind of guy?
Update 2: Major Tom:---Scary events similar to the ones you mention are going on in addition to the ones I've listed. I didn't bother to list them all. If you were confident in your argument, you would not find it necesary to arm yourself with a ton of insults. I'm convinced that I'm better educated than... show more Major Tom:---Scary events similar to the ones you mention are going on in addition to the ones I've listed. I didn't bother to list them all.
If you were confident in your argument, you would not find it necesary to arm yourself with a ton of insults.
I'm convinced that I'm better educated than you; and I'm certainly more mature.
Ditch the nasty mouth, and grow up.
Update 3: PONGPRES:---You're very quick to slap labels on people. I'm merely asking if we seem to be having more threats than we had in the past. That doesn't mean, I'm ready to pounce on the panic button. I'm a decorated Korean war vet, and I don't get rattled that easily. I'm sure you want... show more PONGPRES:---You're very quick to slap labels on people.
I'm merely asking if we seem to be having more threats than we had in the past. That doesn't mean, I'm ready to pounce on the panic button.
I'm a decorated Korean war vet, and I don't get rattled that easily.
I'm sure you want to be seen as cool and confident, and it's probably been days since you whistled past the graveyard, but does your macho talk only come from your typewriter?
Update 4: JIM D:---I couldn't say that this administration is not to blame for many of our problems; but I don't think we can take Bush to the wood-shed about those hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions he has commanded to take place.
Update 5: RANDY:---At what point does thinking about a problem become worrying about that problem. Don't most problems get solved by people who were worried about the problem? From your answer, I can see that you have given more than just a passing thought into these problems.---But fear not;---being labeled a... show more RANDY:---At what point does thinking about a problem become worrying about that problem. Don't most problems get solved by people who were worried about the problem?
From your answer, I can see that you have given more than just a passing thought into these problems.---But fear not;---being labeled a "worrier" might be a very small price to pay, if you should be the one who solves just one of these problems.
Update 6: For a guy who says "I don't see a problem", you sure seem to have wrestled with most of them.
The question is; don't we seem to have a great number of threats coming at the same time.
Update 7: How in the hell did a guy who asks if we seem to be having many threats, become the guy who's advising everyone to stock up on cyanide capsules?
Update 8: Does one have to be a sniveling sissy in order to consider the number of threats to the society of today. We're talking number of threats, not the relative severity of threats throughout world history.
Update 9: Pongpres:--- Oh no brave soul---I really do appreciate your" facts"---they were just hard to find ,hidden amongst the insults and sarcasm.---Why would such a simple question send such a cool dude into such an emotional upheaval? Ya got some problems finding opportunities to do your dramatic impression of... show more Pongpres:--- Oh no brave soul---I really do appreciate your" facts"---they were just hard to find ,hidden amongst the insults and sarcasm.---Why would such a simple question send such a cool dude into such an emotional upheaval?
Ya got some problems finding opportunities to do your dramatic impression of Ward Bond leading the wagon train?
Update 10: I'm nearly 75, and I can't recall from most of my life anyone who was "worried" about many threats beyond a nuclear explosion in their neighborhood. A bunch of religious nuts warned about "doomsday", and a few were paranoid about "the coming ice age". However, it seems disaster... show more I'm nearly 75, and I can't recall from most of my life anyone who was "worried" about many threats beyond a nuclear explosion in their neighborhood. A bunch of religious nuts warned about "doomsday", and a few were paranoid about "the coming ice age". However, it seems disaster is looming in many directions today.