Help with Dell Laptop. I don't have the Dell Drivers and Utilities CD !!?

Hi,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and it gets stuck on the light-blue welcome screen with the windows logo; after loading very long.

So I turned off the laptop and pressed the power button again while holding down the function key Fn.

While it's performing a scan it stops and a message pops up:

"No diagnostic Utility partition found. To run diagnostics, insert your Dell Drivers and Utilities CD, then select OK o restart the system and boot off the CD"

The problem is that I do not have this CD.

Does anybody have any solutions for this problem? Please :p

Thanks, Raul.

Favorite Answer

Try to download from dell site from another machine. Make a CD and boot it from that CD to your Dell laptop.

Or else call dell direct for support. They even have live chat for technical support. I am sure they will definately help you out. ( In case you do not have another PC, go to internetcafe to resolve your issue.)

You can download the utilities here;

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/dri...

but the y won't be in the same bootable form as they were on the original CD: I'm afraid you'll need an original Windows disc & reinstall from scratch.

if under warrantry send your laptop back to dell for repair, a new one if unrepairable or if avaliable in the homepage of your model download or order the drivers and utillities (the ones that came preintalled with your laptop.

go to the dell site drivers and support when there select your op system and put your model number in good luck!!!!!!!!!

I don't know this machine, but try F10 on boot up. Or buy a copy of XP.

www.dell.com support > download section