Help with Dell Laptop. I don't have the Dell Drivers and Utilities CD !!?

Hi,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and it gets stuck on the light-blue welcome screen with the windows logo; after loading very long.

So I turned off the laptop and pressed the power button again while holding down the function key Fn.

While it's performing a scan it stops and a message pops up:

"No diagnostic Utility partition found. To run diagnostics, insert your Dell Drivers and Utilities CD, then select OK o restart the system and boot off the CD"

The problem is that I do not have this CD.

Does anybody have any solutions for this problem? Please :p

Thanks, Raul.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try to download from dell site from another machine. Make a CD and boot it from that CD to your Dell laptop.

Or else call dell direct for support. They even have live chat for technical support. I am sure they will definately help you out. ( In case you do not have another PC, go to internetcafe to resolve your issue.)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can download the utilities here;

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/dri...

but the y won't be in the same bootable form as they were on the original CD: I'm afraid you'll need an original Windows disc & reinstall from scratch.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if under warrantry send your laptop back to dell for repair, a new one if unrepairable or if avaliable in the homepage of your model download or order the drivers and utillities (the ones that came preintalled with your laptop.

• 4 years ago

go to the dell site drivers and support when there select your op system and put your model number in good luck!!!!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know this machine, but try F10 on boot up. Or buy a copy of XP.

• 1 decade ago

www.dell.com support > download section

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.