Is there anyone out there who can guide me? I'm computer newbie & need laptop info quick.?

Please bear with me; I'm partially blind using touch typing and read either bold or large type slowly. Thanks.

Here's my problem. I'm a real greenhorn, a senior, too, but am willing to learn.

On a whim I bought an Acer laptop that's running Vista. I've had the darndest time using my finger to navigate. Also later bought a wireless mouse for it. Much of the time I've used it I've watched DVD movies and played card games, Mahjongg, but suddenly while watching a recent movie, the unit just quit-dead. I couldn't get it to run any more no matter what I tried. The movie DVD is still inside the CD Rom drive.

Anyway, I decided to sell this and am willing to practically give it away but since it's stopped working from the power cord plugged in, can it be the battery is useless? I only used this about 5x at most. Since I'm partially blind, I can't get the battery out of the unit. Is there a special way to test the battery if I do get it out? & how much is new battery? HELP PLS.

QUIK.

• icen64
    Favorite Answer

Lap top batterys run from 20 bucks to 150ish. the link is a place you can buy replacement batteries or at least see how much it would cost.

as far as testing a dead battery? I dont really know.

I suggest you call the Acer people@1-800-816-2237 during business hrs., (you might have to wait until Monday). Make sure you have your computer serial no. handy. They should be able to answer any questions you have regarding this matter. Your computer should still be under warranty. Don't sell it or give it away. I hope everything works out ok. Good Luck!

HAVE YOU PLUGGED IN THE COMPUTER AND TRIED TO TURN IT ON AGAIN?

THE COMPUTER CAN WORK ON AC POWER.. THAT IS.. THE ELECTRICITY THE POWER CORD SO IF ITS A BATTERY PROBLEM, PLUGGING IN THE POWER CORD BE A SOLUTION. I DONT THINK IT IS A BATTERY PROBLEM THOUGH.

SINCE YOU HAVEN'T USED THE LAPTOP MUCH AND I ASSUME YOU JUST GOT IT BRING IT BACK TO THE STORE WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT AND HAV ETHEM CHECK IT OUT OR GET YOU A NEW ONE ETC! YOU HAVE A WARANTEE. I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE IT AWAY AT ALL :D HOPE I HELPED

I AGREE WITH TAKING THE LAPTOP TO A COMPUTER REPAIR SHOP. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE MORE THAN JUST A BAD BATTERY. THE COMPUTER REPAIR PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM AND HOW SERIOUS IT IS. IF ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY THEN I WOULD GET IN CONTACT WITH ACER AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.

MOE, USE THE LAPTOP WARRANTY! YOU'LL FIND THERE IS A BUTTON THAT OPERATES A SLIDE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LAPTOP, TO REMOVE THE BATTERY. YOU JUST PLACE YOUR FINGER ON IT, AND SLIDE IT IN THE DIRECTION IT MOVES. THE BATTERY WILL SLIDE OUT. PERHAPS A COMPUTER SHOP WOULD BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU ADVICE.

I even have many times theory approximately doing a "better of" internet site with hyperlinks to the main effortless aspects. i might in all probability submit a number of the main effortless commencing up song as sheet song and many of the examples I even have on photobucket. extremely for sure i might could desire to have 3 hyperlinks to "Fur Elise" in "observe form" ... the completed difficulty, the taken care of alphabetically version, and the "the thank you to delight Elise" representation (If i could desire to get permission from the artist/copyright proprietor. Christoph Niemann / New Yorker) ... on the different hand, why might I spend my time finding out to purchase retaining the type of area if the regularly used physique of techniques of the visitors is "gimme gimme gimme!" besides, i'm valuable that is been executed in the previous -- we in basic terms could desire to discover the place.