♥L
♥L asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How many of you that feed Canidae are planning to switch?

After all I've read about the "new" formula...I'm starting to get concerned about continuing to feed Canidae. I have a brand new 40lb bag of the original formula, but need to decide where to go from there. I've been considering Orijen as a back up if I should need to switch.

Are you planning to switch?

I'm really bummend about this! I love how well my dogs do on Canidae...they really thrive on it. I'm just concerned after reading about them being involved with Diamond now.

Love...that's how I felt, but then I went and read the ingredients list for the "new" formula, and it's very very different! There still isn't corn :D, but so much other "stuff". I don't know why they would change it and mess with a good thing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Love! Ditto to you!!! ;)

For those of you switching to Eagle Pack...will it be the Holistic or Super Premium formula?

Best Answer

Ditto, Lacie! I just bought a 40 lb bag as well, and my total dog weight here is less than 50 pounds divided by three!!!! Just bought the bag last week! My dogs love the Canidae and this change has really bothered me as well. I haven't decided where to go from here. Some are suggesting Eagle Pack, but that isn't stocked anywhere near me. I have to drive about 45 minutes one way just to get the Canidae....so I'm in a spot as well. I will just continue to watch the ingredient list in my current choice and play it by ear.

• Hi Lacie;

I like Canidae and unless they put Corn as their first ingredient or it gets on the recall dog food list, I don't plan on switching.

I had my dog on Solid Gold Wolf king before this and he was miserable...gassy, itchy skin...just miserable. Since switching I have noticed such a dramatic improvement in him in every way. No more itching, no more gas and beautiful shiny coat.

So, unless they radically change it, and I don't think they would, I'm sticking by them.

If you change foods, that would totally be a personal decision you have to make....Orijen i heard is a wonderful food as is Taste of the Wild.

You are wonderful doggy mommy and anything you feed them will be the right choice. ;)

I have not heard about the new formula.

I found a listing that rates dog foods, however. Eagle Pack and Natural Balance scored very well.

I am.

I'm switching Lillia and Eddie off of it (Nelson and Annie get special food, long story, the vet told us to feed them Innova).

We are switching Lillia and Eddie (as recommended by the vet) to Eagle Pack.

Yeah, they are apparently making the food more "digestable" which probably just means they're adding a bunch of crappy fillers. I'm going to switch to Solid Gold.

I have a friend who is switching to Wellness lamb and rice. Thankfully I am not affected by this as I too feed Wellness. I hate it when they mess with the recipes this way.

• Randee

*Raises hand*

Eagle Pack