Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Fico score?

Is your fico score the same thing as your credit score? If not, what is the difference? Is 710 good?

Favorite Answer

Per MyFico.com, the median FICO score is 723.

FICO is the score creditors use. There is another score used by TransUnion and Experian. It has a different scale. Always specify FICO. It really is the only one that matters.

I did a basic overview of the FICO scoring model on my website last week.

There are several "credit scores", but the one that most lenders use is the FICO score. A 710 score is very good.

FICO is the well known company that does credit scoring. So, everyone calls any credit score a FICO score. But, there are other companies who do scoring too.

Transunion has it's own. I find it to be almost 80 points lower than my FICO.

FICO is who I trust. Why? Because when I applied for a mortgage, FICO was nearly identical to the score the mortgage company gave me.

Transunion had me well below. Go figure. I won't buy scores from anyone but FICO.

http://www.myfico.com/

FICO is your credit score.

710 is above average.

Average in the united states is aprox 650-670 depending what article you read.

Yes, 710 is better then average and would fall in the good range.

680 Average

700-750 Good

750+ Excellent

Yep - pretty decent score. There's always room for improvement. Try and get to the higher 700's and the interest rate you've always wanted will be yours.