Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think of Alfred Kinsey & the "Kinsey reports"?

Did you know his famous book "Sexual Behavior of the Human Male" said that in addition to homosexuality, beastiality, masochism, orgies(1) and pedophilia(2) were normal, natural, beneficial expressions of human sexuality?

Do you agree?

(1) James H. Jones's biography, Alfred C. Kinsey: A Public/Private Life, describes Kinsey as bisexual and experimenting in masochism. He encouraged group sex involving his graduate students, wife and staff.

(2) Tables 30-34 of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, which report observations of orgasms in over three-hundred children between the ages of five months and fourteen years.

Favorite Answer

Modern psychology owes Kinsey a debt. Thanks to him, the dialogue was opened on subjects that many researchers wouldn't touch prior to publication of his work.

• ?

Kinsey was a pioneer and, like anyone else exploring uncharted territory, had to wing it a lot. Freud didn't get everything right either, but we don't discount all of psychological medicine because of that. Kinsey's primary contribution was that he got others interested in a scientific study of sexuality, which has lead to a far better understanding of human behavior, and helped to define a starting point and the beginnings of a methodology. The Kinsey Scale, for example, remains a useful tool in describing sexual behavior or preference, whether you agree with the conclusions he reached using it or not.

The terms "natural" and "normal" as Kinsey used them did not mean acceptable, desirable, or in accordance with Christian Doctrine, as many people now try to claim. "Natural" simply means it occurs in nature, while "normal" means that it occurs regularly. The things you mention can and do occur regularly among living organisms, of which humans are one, on Earth. Kinsey didn't, in the works of his I've read, described those things as "beneficial", his interest was in finding out and understanding what was happening, not judging it.

Kinsey was a pioneer and, like somebody else exploring uncharted territory, mandatory to wing it lots. Freud did no longer get the full factor maximum excellent the two, regardless of the undeniable fact that we don't help all of psychological therapy for the clarification that of that. Kinsey's ultimate contribution was that he won others serious a pair of systematic examine of sexuality, which has effect in a a strategies greater information of human habit, and helped to stipulate a beginning up ingredient and the beginnings of a technique. The Kinsey Scale, for representation, maintains to be a useful device in describing sexual habit or determination, no remember if or no longer you settle for as genuine with the conclusions he reached using it or now no longer. The words "widespread" and "accepted" as Kinsey used them did no longer mean appropriate, attractive, or in keeping with Christian Doctrine, as many people now attempt to declare. "organic" without subject way it takes place in nature, on a similar time "accepted" means that it takes place frequently. The concerns you element out can and do arise frequently among living organisms, of which people are one, in the international. Kinsey did no longer, in the works of his i've got study, defined those concerns as "rewarding", his interest was in identifying and documents what was occurring, now no longer judging it.

I believe his research was necessary and very adventuress for it's time I do not believe that pedophilia, bestiality, or masochism are healthy or in anyway normal, I believe these are psychological infirmities which place the person in power over another person or animal. and this power is what these deviance's are about.

homosexuality is normal for homosexuals, as normal as heterosexuals. I believe homosexuality is not a deviance but a natural biological factor.

As for Kinsey's studies involving children i am torn in that I believe it is important to know that children have the physical reactions to stimulus that that was thought to be reserved for mature persons, but on the same token if Kinsey lived in this era and tried these experiments on a child of my own or one i care about I would probably end up spending the rest of my life in prison.

as for group sex I have engaged in group sex personally and found it to be a wonderful experience if only for the mutual trust, and collective love the practitioners show in this circumstance.

He reported the average young gay had 900 separate sexual encounters in a year.

Ny and SF had to shut down the Bathouses for good reason.

• Jed

He made his money and name from being like that...flawed studies, if they can even be so termed. For his study on homosexuality, do you suppose the percentages he discovered may have been skewed because he studied men in prison?

Yeah what a sad thing.

I think the book was famous because it was so controversial. Has it been updated since the '50s? I don't know that anyone uses it as a reference anymore.

I don't know this book or the writter, but I can say it openly, this guy believes he is an animal, and we are not animals. We are God's image. Satan hates God because he wanted to be like Him. So, what satan does? He put these thoughts in this guy's head, so now many people will read this *** and believe it.

I haven't read his reports, but your synopsis leads me to believe he was a pervert looking for a reason for his perversions to be okay.

I do agree with 75% of the data provided in his reports.

//

\\ Golgothor

//