lucy d asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

my dog has a possible bladder infection is there any home remedies?

Favorite Answer

You need to see the vet, as you said it is a possible bladder infection, you need to know exactly what the problem is, before it can be treated correctly. If it is an infection you will also need antibiotics, time for a trip to the vets.

You need to find out why your dog is getting bladder infections. Bladder stones can be a culprit. You dog needs pain relief and antibiotics to copntrol the bacteria building up in her bladder. There aren't any "home remedies" you can use to treat a bladder infection, but some cranberry supplement can be used to prevent future infections.

Source(s): LVT

Yea GO SEE THE VET NOW.. Bladder Infections are very painful dogs just like they are for people

home remedies will not get rid of it, it'll just make him/her feel better. You should bring your dog to the vet asap. Try your local animal hospital, they should be open 24/7 and on holidays.

• "Possible" isn't good enough I am afraid.

Your dog needs to be seen by a vet for proper diagnosis.

Do not guess about an illness and then proceed to treat it.

You may do more harm than good & in the meantime the dog's condition worsens.

the animal can't tell you what's wrong-the vet can!

• Annie

No. Antibiotics.

Believe me if there was an effective home remedy for this I'd know it and use it. There's not.

• KrisM

cranberry suplements can help but she will need antibiotics so off to the vets you go

Source(s): vet tech