lucy d asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

my dog has a possible bladder infection is there any home remedies?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to see the vet, as you said it is a possible bladder infection, you need to know exactly what the problem is, before it can be treated correctly. If it is an infection you will also need antibiotics, time for a trip to the vets.

• 1 decade ago

You need to find out why your dog is getting bladder infections. Bladder stones can be a culprit. You dog needs pain relief and antibiotics to copntrol the bacteria building up in her bladder. There aren't any "home remedies" you can use to treat a bladder infection, but some cranberry supplement can be used to prevent future infections.

Source(s): LVT
  • 1 decade ago

Yea GO SEE THE VET NOW.. Bladder Infections are very painful dogs just like they are for people

• 1 decade ago

home remedies will not get rid of it, it'll just make him/her feel better. You should bring your dog to the vet asap. Try your local animal hospital, they should be open 24/7 and on holidays.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • "Possible" isn't good enough I am afraid.

Your dog needs to be seen by a vet for proper diagnosis.

Do not guess about an illness and then proceed to treat it.

You may do more harm than good & in the meantime the dog's condition worsens.

the animal can't tell you what's wrong-the vet can!

• Annie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. Antibiotics.

Believe me if there was an effective home remedy for this I'd know it and use it. There's not.

• KrisM
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

cranberry suplements can help but she will need antibiotics so off to the vets you go

Source(s): vet tech
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.