My White Blood Cell Count was goes to 75000. What does mean?

Before 3 or 4 years ago I was admitted in hospital for sick by my self. No special appearance in outside. Seems as a normal person. But my WBC counts was 75000 in that moment. Doctors was exited. Now I am OK. They gave Hectazan Course for last. Before they did Ultrasound scan, Bone Marrow test, many many blood tests and etc. But that situation was possible or what?

I am a Sri Lankan. Before 5 years ago I was admitted in Gampaha General Hospital for sick by my self. No special appearance in outside. Seems as a normal person. But my WBC counts was 75000 in that moment. Doctors was exited. Now I am OK. They gave Hectazan Course for last. Before they did Ultrasound scan, Bone Marrow test, many many blood tests and etc. But that situation was possible or what?

Blood report in 2002-05-27

W.B.C=75000

Neutrophils=06%

Lymphocytes=11%

Esinophils=81%

Monocytes=02%

Basophils=00%

Haemoglobin=16.50 g/dl

P.C.V=46.60%

R.B.C=5.57 M/Cu mm

M.C.V=84.00 Cu Micrones

M.C.H=29.60 ffg

M.C.H.C=35.40 g/dl

Platelet Count=142,000

Filarial Antibody Test in 2002-06-01

Weakly Positive

Blood report in 2002-06-22

W.B.C=8200

Neutrophils=61%

Lymphocytes=30%

Esinophils=08%

Monocytes=01%

Basophils=00%

Haemoglobin=13.70 g/dl

P.C.V=42.4%

R.B.C=5.02 M/Cu mm

M.C.V=84.50 Cu Micrones

M.C.H=27.30 ffg

M.C.H.C=32.2 g/dl

The Red Cells=Normocytic & Normochromic

Platelet Count=335,00

Best Answer

It sounds like your doctors suspected a blood cancer (leukemia) and did a complete workup to rule it out.

However, it sounds like you had a severe leukemoid reaction, possibly due to a massive infection.

Basically, if have an infection, especially a bacterial infection, your body will mobilize all of WBCs available in the circulating bloodstream to go fight it. If they start losing the battle and need reinforcements, the body will start throwing immature WBCs into the blood stream from the bone marrow until either the battle is won or lost. Your WBC count was so high, it sounds like you might have died had not the doctors treated you with antibiotics and other supportive therapy.

The high eosinophil count indicates an acute reaction to parasites or some other allergic reaction. I've never seen an eosinophil count that high, but it's possible. Obviously, with treatment, it resolved quickly.

Do a web search for eosinophilia to find out more.

Source(s): MT(ASCP)

It means that you have wayyy too many white blood cells in your blood and this is alarming. I don't have enough data about your clinical history; it seems clear that your doctor is well-aware of the significance of this and is treating you reasonably for this. In terms of what it means, I'd need more information, e.g. your previous CBCs, when they were obtained, what your other comorbidities are, which medications you take and so forth. It's simply too broad of a matter to discuss with insufficient data.

A White Count of 75,000 is grossly abnormal and should be regarded as hematologic malignancy until proven otherwise.

That is a super high WBC count. It is no wonder that the doctors were alarmed at a count that high. Were you admitted to the hospital? If you were not, you should have been. I'm surprised that you were not put in the ICU while the tests were performed. That is outrageously high.