?
? asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

NASCAR fans: would you trust...?

... Dr. Jerry Punch to be your ER doc?

• Favorite Answer

Well sure...why not? he must have earned the title. Read this:::

Twice while working races as an ESPN announcer Punch has been called on to aid seriously-injured drivers. At Bristol he revived Rusty Wallace, who had stopped breathing, and once after an ARCA crash he administered lifesaving first aid to injured racer Don Marnor. And ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch was addressing a Nashville Superspeedway media luncheon Tuesday at The Palm restaurant downtown when he was interrupted by a loud crash from the back of the room. Someone yelled "Is there a doctor in the house?" Amid the laugher came a more serious shout: "We're not kidding! We need a doctor back here!" Punch immediately rushed from the podium to the back of the room where Jenny Gill [Vince Gill's daughter], a Nashville Superspeedway intern, had fainted. Punch helped to revive the Middle Tennessee State graduate student. She was taken to a local care center for observation and soon recovered, according to Sean Dozier, the superspeedway's public relations director. Punch returned to the podium and resumed his speech

Source(s): cool eh?

If I was Rusty Wallace at Bristol and had just wrecked and Dale Earnhardt Sr and Jerry Punch came over to help me and Punch got him breathing again well then I might trust him in that situation.... That is how he got the name--- Dr.

but not as a full time ER doctor.

Absolutely!

Go Jr.>>>>

Sure he is probably a better Dr than he is in the TV booth..He bores me sometimes..

Go Dale Jr & Hms

Given some of the quacks that work the night shift at my local ER, he couldn't be much worse......

• Ron

Sure as long as it was not a life threating situation.We could talk NASCAR while he was working on my boo boo. I sure would rather have him than Kervorkian.

Of course! Why not? He is a real doctor...right?

Sure, why not? He's a real doc.

Yes. He is a good dude.