Is anger and mismanagement becoming McCain's campaign style?

Cochran said he observed McCain engage in a physical confrontation with a Sandinista while participating in a diplomatic mission led by Sen. Bob Dole and others in the fall of 1987. Cochran, McCain -- who had won election to the Senate that year -- and other members of a bipartisan committee of lawmakers called the Central American Negotiations Observer Group -- met with Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, head of the left-wing political party known as Sandinistas, about tensions in the region.

The atmosphere was tense, as the U.S. was pressing "pretty hard." Cochran noticed a disturbance at the meeting table in a room lined with armed personnel.

"McCain was down at the end of the table and we were talking to the head of the guerilla group here at this end of the table and I don't know what attracted my attention," Cochran said. "But I saw some kind of quick movement at the bottom of the table and I looked down there and John had reached over and grabbed this guy by the shirt collar.

What's more, such outlandish and violent behavior is hardly presidential. Does it not speak to a certain lack of judgment, especially in the face of grave danger, tension, and conflict, that is, when a president needs it most?

The denial is a matter of course. There's a lot about McCain, the real McCain lurking behind the faux maverick, straight-talker facade, that McCain doesn't want getting out.

McCain's back bone is probably growing soft as we speak...

Best Answer

Yes, without a doubt. I cannot believe he is a viable candidate with the people he has working on his campaign (himself included).

• Dalgor

You must be with the Obama campaign or the Democrat party in some capacity as it is typical of such "third parties" to start rumors and stories on the internet to see if the mainstream media will pick them up. Hillary was very good at that, and Obama apparently is no piker either.

Good luck with your politics of personal destruction.

The only time that I have seen McCain angry was when something severely upset him, and trust me, I have watched pretty much all of the McCain videos on Youtube, and watch the CNN 24/7. I have seen him become enraged at something that he didn't like, but not very often.

And would you rather have a president that has and shows his feelings, or one that just smiles and smiles and acts like he is unbiased?

McCain is willing to show his feelings and be upset and fix things, while Obama just tells us bits and pieces of what he is going to do, and you have to "have faith" or "believe" what he hasn't told us is going to help our country for the better.

Seems like an easy decision to me.. McCain `08!

It's his life style, so of course it's his campaign style. Either that or he has multiple personalities, probably from living with Cindy. I heard her hero was Cybil.

McCain has a backbone and will stand up for America. What is wrong with that?

Beats the heck outta Obama who as all know would be saying to a terrorist "Yes, SIR!! Right away SIR!" as he peed himself

how many times are you going to ask this? until you get the answers you want? i'm glad he is like that,nobody wants a wimp in the white house.

You go back to 1987? Please, in 1987 Obama was getting high. That is just one of the stupidest questions I've read today. 1987!!!!! Geesh!!!

hey pocahontas, go back to the 8th grade. and stop watching liberal news