47% of income paid to Student Loans?

I am paying almost HALF of my income out in student debt. No one can afford to do that. This is a new demand for payment. New debt. Do I have any options? My total bill is less than $5,000: so I haven't found a consolidation loan. I can give them 25% of my total income, but not 47%! Please read below and... show more I am paying almost HALF of my income out in student debt. No one can afford to do that. This is a new demand for payment. New debt. Do I have any options? My total bill is less than $5,000: so I haven't found a consolidation loan. I can give them 25% of my total income, but not 47%!
Please read below and advise...
I attended University of Phoenix, was assured that I would not incurr additional expenses outside of loan. Now I have original loan, citibank loan, and U of P is after me for additional money. The original loan company was applied to for U of P loan, they said they covered it, balance reflects change, but citibank is coming at me saying they paid! Citibank refuses to provide proof that I borrowed the money, but are attempting to attach to my credit. U of P will not accept lower payments, without attaching my credit. Original loan is the only one with a sane payment, and I am out of deferments, unless I go back to school and add MORE debt.
Update: This huge amount of payment is obviously temporary, the problem is that they all want to be paid right now.
Update 2: Another thing... Can Citibank attach my credit without providing me proof of debt? How do I protect myself from this?