Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

HELLPPP!!! weight problem..? 10 pts.?

im 17 years old.

and i weigh almost 180 lbs n im 5'8.

i used to be skinny but all of a sudden i had this rapid weight gain, but im not fat im just trying to stop before it goes there..

im not really into excercising. but i want to loose the weight at least 10 to 20 lbs. ik i can. but i want to do it before i go back to school on august 19th.

i just want some ideas on what to eat. what to do to work out.

im thinking about trying running and walking every night.

but i just want to be in better shape.

i just have a problem with things like cake and ice cream.

i still want to eat them. but you know.

ah i just need help.

please.

good answers.

Favorite Answer

If you are determined and serious about losing the weight and keeping it off-you won't look at cake and ice cream. When you see results on the scale you feel so good about your progress that you don't want that stuff any more. And here's a secret: once you stop eating junk food for about a week or 2 and go cold turkey-you no longer have cravings for it. If you don't like working out, just try walking your dog around the neighborhood. Weight loss can happen without exercise-but it usually will come back...there is no way around losing weight without exercising(experience!) You just have to eat the right things, keeping your caloric intake lower than usual, and get moving! If you go to google, you can probably find a website that allows you to calculate your BMR, BMI, and how many calories you need to consume to lose, maintain or gain weight.

Take a deep breath--here goes-- the best way to lose weight is to lay off the cake and ice cream. Too much sugar, too much fat. Sorry; sad, but true. Go for a walk--at least 20 min. a day, more if you can. Go easy on the carbs and sugars--no bread; or very little. The hamburg roll is loaded with carbs, and , surprisingly, sugar. You'e got a good shot at losing the extra weight. The worst thing about diets is the rule that says,"if you like it, bet your bottom dollar, you can't have it." My trainer said the way to figure out your correct weight is to allow 100 lbs for the first 5 feet of your height, and 5 lbs for every inch. So 100 lbs for your first 5 feet plus 5 lbs for the 8 inches, gives you 140 lbs as your target. Good luck.

I'm 14 but I'm just like you I'm 5'9 and 183. I'm also trying to lose weight because if I lose 20 pounds by our vacation (august 23) my mom is giving me 100 extra dollars for shopping/souveineers. According to your height you should weigh between 150 and 155. What I've been doing is:

-I totally cut out any drink except for water, orange juice, and milk

-I do crunches every ngiht (Not more so for the weight lose, but to gain stronger stomach muscle)

-I watch my calories to keep them between 1300-1500 a day, if I'm over the limit and still hungry I snack on fruit and chew gum.

-I ride my bike for about an hour every day (walking is better, running great, but my ankle is messed up so I can't, you should try though)

-I try to walk 5 miles a day (not going for a walk but just going around my house, going to stores ecd) using a pedomator(spelling?)

-Last of all I'm eating way more fruits and vegetables which keeps me full longer.

I hope I helped, if your REALLY commited google '3 Day American Heart Associstion Diet) they say you can lose up to 10 pounds in 3 days but it's hard. Feel free to email me if you want to talk more or want to exchange tips.

hey,you can eat as you like ice cream and cake.

but in a limit...not every day....you can eat what you want but in a limit....don't eat too much or too little(small)...eat every things you like...but the important thing is to stop eating after 6 pm....and start walking and running and don't do any thing else expat that...and i am sure that you will be very well,as if swimming....it so use full for you as well as if you play a sport such as basket ball ......etc,but i think swimming is the better of them...i wish you have got what i want to tell you about...:)

jog on the treadmill at 4 mph for 25 minutes or at 7 mph for 9 minutes

swap half of the avocado in a 1 2 cup of guacamole for zucchini

50 minutes of cross country skiing