Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetWikipedia · 1 decade ago

Which is better? Encyclopedia Dramatica vs. Uncyclopedia vs. Wikipedia?

I want yahoos opinion on this, also provide a good reason as to why they are the best.

Favorite Answer

It's hard to say objectively which is "better"; each fills a particular niche. Wikipedia clearly has the edge by a long shot when it comes to plain facts, while Uncyclopedia and Encyclopedia Dramatica each focus much more on humour. Even then, they fill different positions within humour: Uncyclopedia specifically tries to be "not just stupid funny" and is mostly self-contained, while Encyclopedia Dramatica has a heavy bias towards the meme-centric worlds of 4chan's /b/ and other Anonymous ventures.

Wikipedia clearly wins on pure size: At over 10 million articles including over 2 million in English, it clearly dwarfs both Uncyclopedia and Encyclopedia Dramatica combined. As an extension of its size, it also has the highest Google rankings, is a top-ten site by visits, and has the largest and most varied community. It's also the oldest of the three, having pioneered the MediaWiki software upon which the other two are based.

Uncyclopedia, in my opinion, wins on humour: Wikipedia as a relatively serious encyclopedia (yes, there are amusing articles, but they're entirely factual) cannot compete with the other two, and Encyclopedia Dramatica is too often "stupid funny"; you have to give Uncyclopedia credit for trying to make quality jokes and good style rather than mere lulz and using people or obscenities as the objects of pointed jokes.

Encyclopedia Dramatica (ED) has its virtues, for all its obscenity: there are few better places where the essentials of memes are laid out, and pages like "So i herd you liek mudkipz" go beyond the original "copypasta" memetic material. Wikipedia often refuses to cover this material as it's inherently unverifiable: ED embraces it.

Personally, I prefer Wikipedia—in my daily life, Wikipedia is more likely to help me. I also find that Uncyclopedia and ED lack the intellectual pleasure of Wikipedia, not to mention ED's tone, which can be somewhat unpleasant if you're not into the limited appeal of Anonymous.

Source(s): I read and edit Wikipedia, read Uncyclopedia, and occasionally venture carefully into the shifty mire of Encyclopedia Dramatica to glean a few hints on a meme.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): encyclopedia dramatica uncyclopedia wikipedia: https://biturl.im/eVA5c
  • hudack

Encyclopaedia Dramatica

Uncyclopedia can be insulting, and will provide false information like"Wikipedia is a stinking parody of uncyclopedia." So for me it's Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is an earnest effort to collect and provide knowledge humanity in a usable form. Uncyclopedia is harmless fun. An accurate description of Encyclopedia Dramatica would violate the rules of Yahoo Answers, let's just call it an "unmentionable", a soiled unmentionable.

Unencyclopedia vs. Wikipedia

Of those, Uncyclopedia because there's some incredibly funny stuff, not least the bits I wrote... cough.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Life%27s_Unanswerable...

However I'm going to have to plump for a wildcard: http://www.illogicopedia.org./

Wikipedia can tell you pretty much anything, but that's about it. ED can give you a quick chuckle or two, but Uncyclopedia will make you crack up and then want to join to be a part of it. And you should, the community is awesome.

Source(s): Fisher Price(Uncyc)

Dramatica is more vulgar, but funny nonetheless.

But uncyclopedia gets my vote.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awIP4

Which ever one floats your boat.