Will my real estate buyer's agent make low-ball offers for me?

There is a property we want for listed at $349,000, however, we just missed a deal on the same street, 30 yards away (with a better view/backyard) for $261,000 a week ago. Should we be embarrassed to ask our buyer agent to offer $300,000? We are pre-approved and I believe the home is bank owned). Is it a lot of... show more There is a property we want for listed at $349,000, however, we just missed a deal on the same street, 30 yards away (with a better view/backyard) for $261,000 a week ago. Should we be embarrassed to ask our buyer agent to offer $300,000? We are pre-approved and I believe the home is bank owned). Is it a lot of work for a buyer's agent to write up an offer?
Update: I should note the home that sold for $261 was originally listed at $267. It was on the market for 8 days.
Update 2: We are pre-approved, yes. This is a resale property. Most of the recent sales have been below $300k, though some properties are still listed at $699, though you can go up the road and get a 4000sf mansion on 3/4 acre for $600 so I'm not sure who in their right mind would pay it. There are homes everywhere,... show more We are pre-approved, yes. This is a resale property. Most of the recent sales have been below $300k, though some properties are still listed at $699, though you can go up the road and get a 4000sf mansion on 3/4 acre for $600 so I'm not sure who in their right mind would pay it. There are homes everywhere, too many to choose from...we are willing to wait as long as it takes. I was mainly just curious as to how much work it was for the buyers agent to write an offer.
Update 3: My point is...why should WE be the suckers? I would be a fool to not go by latest comps, right?