Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 decade ago

What does a medical recoreds clerk do?

I'm trying to get a job at a hospital and i was wondering if anyone knows what a medical records clerk daily task are and how much you think they get paid?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depending on the hospital I think the pay is somewhere around $9-12/hr. Medical records clerks do filing in patient's charts after the doctors have reviewed lab tests, Xrays, etc. They also send out records to any doctor that the patient might follow-up with after an ER visit.

Source(s): Worked in Medical field for 6 years
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Medical Consultations Via Phone - http://OnlinePhysician.neatprim.com/?NFpg
  • 1 decade ago

depends, 10-12 an hour probably. You file alot. you review charts to make sure the doctors have filled out what they need to, and you answer subpeonas for medical records and stuff

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pulls files, organizes information, possible data input. Depending on your location, you can make around $20K-$40K/year. My mother works in a large hospital in CT and makes around $35K.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dan m
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

at kaiser hospital, they are the ones that pull and store the charts. they get paid $16 p/h

• 1 decade ago

15-20$ an hour..depending where it is (hospital,clinic..)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.