Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 decade ago

What does a medical recoreds clerk do?

I'm trying to get a job at a hospital and i was wondering if anyone knows what a medical records clerk daily task are and how much you think they get paid?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depending on the hospital I think the pay is somewhere around $9-12/hr. Medical records clerks do filing in patient's charts after the doctors have reviewed lab tests, Xrays, etc. They also send out records to any doctor that the patient might follow-up with after an ER visit.

Source(s): Worked in Medical field for 6 years
  • 5 years ago

Source(s): Medical Consultations Via Phone - http://onlinephysician.neatprim.com/?NFpg
  • 1 decade ago

depends, 10-12 an hour probably. You file alot. you review charts to make sure the doctors have filled out what they need to, and you answer subpeonas for medical records and stuff

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pulls files, organizes information, possible data input. Depending on your location, you can make around $20K-$40K/year. My mother works in a large hospital in CT and makes around $35K.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dan m
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

at kaiser hospital, they are the ones that pull and store the charts. they get paid $16 p/h

• 1 decade ago

15-20$ an hour..depending where it is (hospital,clinic..)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.