Divorce in Texas?

My husband and I have decided to file for divorce.

It is very amicable, and we are leaving on the best of terms, remaining close friends and continuing to support each other emotionally and as parents to our son.

We have agreed on everything as far as material possesions go, and are woking out living arrangements for our little boy.

Since there is no need for mediation, and we have nothing to settle, what are the fees to simply file and finalize a divorce in Harris County?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fees vary in different counties even within the same state. If you are filing yourself and haven't already done so, get a Do it Yourself Kit. The paper work is all there for you to fill out. They may have the number to the Harris Country Clerk's office included in the package. You can get the kits at Office Depot, Half Price books, or online.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The courts call it a "Pro Se" divorce and your local courthouse will have the kits. Each state is different for price , i am in CT and a complete Pro Se divorce including filing the papers, Sheriff's fee's etc would be about $500

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why don't you just call the Harris County courts for accurate information. You will have to anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.