Chris P asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Will Matt Ryan start at QB this year for the Falcons??

just wondering if anyone knew, cuz i need a bench qb for my fantasy squad, the qb talent in our free agency is pretty low, so its either matt ryan, brady quinn, or kellen clemons, those are pretty much the only qbs im considering

thanks

Favorite Answer

I would probably pick up Clemens, who looks like he'll be the starting QB. Ryan won't start at QB at the start of the season, but eventually the falcons will get fed up with their horrible quarterbacks and will start Ryan. Look to pick him up around Week 8, if he hasn't already been given the starting role or unless another QB has stolen the show in Atlanta. Don't pick up Quinn. He WON"T play this season.

I too am a Falcon fan and it'll be a few, if not many, weeks before Ryan sees the field (unless Redman gets hurt early). Make no mistake, Ryan will start by the end of the year; Falcons' management have little choice in that as it has to generate as much interest as humanly possible. With that said, Ryan's numbers won't help you---even in college he threw an inordinate number of INTs and that's not likely to change in the NFL, at least until he's had some time to learn. I think in time, he'll be fine, but the first couple of years, I'd avoid him like the plague.

I would grab Kellen Clemens. He showed flashes of ability last year. He would be the first guy to start out of this group unless an injury to Derek Anderson. Matt Ryan probably won't play at all this year or he will play sparingly at that. So he is out. For now, go with Clemens, because he may even be the opening day starter.

If you like fantasy football, then you might get a kick out of this too. It's a little different but it's simple and fun. At least try this. Just click on the link...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=156129...

No, i do no longer think of so... The Falcons will probable wait till the halfway element a minimum of earlier throwing him to the canines. they might desire to get it jointly and one individual could no longer try this. Matt Ryan isn't the savior. the 1st 0.5 of the season would be the two DJ Shockley, Cris Redman, or Joey Harrington, except Ryan is incredibly surprising interior the offseason and preseason or perhaps then I doubt it. it is all coming from a miserably dedicated Falcons fan!

Yes. The Falcon will most likely start Matt Ryan. Byron Leftwhich just flat out sucks and Joey Harringtons career has never taken off despite everyones predictions of being on of the elite Quartebacks in the NFL. So I figure they will give Matt Ryan a try.

As a Falcons fan who follows the team, Matt Ryan will most likely start sometime around week 10. Most likely, unless he is just playing great in preseason, he will begin the year behind redman and harrington.

Have you thought about taking Joe Flacco?

The falcons have just agreed to pay matt ryan a six year contract.