Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

Okay im 16 getting married 2morrow!?!?

Omg im so scared and so exited that im getting married tomorrow in los angeles CA.But im not sure if this is such a good idea but my mom is happy for us. we are getting married because we want to so bad.We know that we need to be responsable.Yes I have a job so does he.But we are still going to school.we are going to have a home our parents are going to help.but idk if were just getting married for the sex.but im exited! is it a good idea?

Favorite Answer

You don't have to get married to have sex, but you have to grow up first and obviously by how you wrote this, you are not mature enough to get married. But whatever, if your mom is stupid enough to be excited that her immature 16 year old daughter is about to give her a grandchild to raise more power to her.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea. I'm not doubting that you are in love---I'm not one of those people that says that you can't feel such strong emotions at such a young age. I'm 26, and I distinctly remember being 16. I remember feeling like an adult at that age. And you are, to some extent. But let me tell you, every year that I get older, I look back and think: I can't believe how I thought things were when I was younger...You do get wiser with age and, at 16, you should be enjoying being 16. Why thrust yourself into a world of rent payments, bills, jobs and possibly kids while you still have so much time left to be completely selfish?

If this is about sex, your parents seem supportive of you entering into marriage so perhaps they'd understand if instead, you and your boyfriend carried on a responsible sexual relationship. In the mean time, he may be the guy of your dreams now but 5 years from now, maybe not. Give it some time.

Also, having serious doubts the day before is a very good indication that you just aren't ready to get married.

And people think that gay marriage is ruining the sanctity of marriage. No it's not, it's people like your parents allowing this unthought-out union to happen.

You may be in love (or so you think), it sounds more like you are in lust. Getting married so you can have sex is not a smart idea. You work and you are still in school - what if you get pregnant? You'd be married, so sex after marriage is acceptable, but you would still have to drop out of school and stay home and raise a baby with no money.

I think you knew the answer to this question before you posted it - you are nervous and unsure - is that the way you should feel if you were doing the right thing? Have you even had one fight with your groom? People are very different when they fight and after they have had one fight. If you haven't than you really aren't ready for anything like the commitment of marriage, because you if you haven't had a real argument, you haven't really discussed the important issues.

Doubting that you are old enough to get married is the only mature thing you have done. In 2 years you will be a completely different person, so will he. And in another 2-3 years you will have changed even more. You need someone that is mature enough to accept and love those changes, and rushing into a marriage so you can have sex doesn't seem to be expressing that maturity.

Please don't so this, you are so going to regret it. Even if you stay married longer than most predict, eventually (sooner rather than later) you are going to meet some guy in college or something, and regret that you missed out finding your true love, dating and having a normal relationship that can lead to a truly happy and lasting marriage.

DO NOT get married just please your dad. I'm not saying this to be mean, I would just like to shake your father. He's doing something terrible to you. You can emancipate yourself from your father with out his permission. If you have a really good school guidance counseller, this person should be able to help you out. If not, ask on the legal section here. Explain that your dad is pressuring you into marriage before you turn 18. Also, in some states you are old enough to decide at 16 where you live. I can't believe the things some parents come up with...... If you get really, really desperate, you could always just go live with your boyfriend and his mom with out your dad's permission. Depending on the state that you are in, he might be able to call the police but if he really wants you gone, I'm not sure he'd do that. Also, he'd have to know that you might explain the situation to the cops, which would make him look like a complete jerk. I hope this works out for you. Please don't get married until you are ready!!!!!!

Don't get married for sex, what a stupid thing to do. You must love your partner and I think you should be able take care of yourself first and if you are getting help from your parents you still need to be at home with your parents. Finish school, get a job and be a kid, your only young once and you won't ever get these times back. You will have plenty of time to play house when you are ready. And mind you it is not a game being married, paying bills, taking care of children and and the whole lot. Please reconsider your decision.

OMG!!!! Do not get married so young there will come a time when you regret it so much. You are throwing your life away, unless you both a rich and believe in divorce, that is. I feel sorry for you and understand your feelings of love, but nothing lasts, including marriage.

And how old is the groom? If you're doing it just for the sex then I got news for you. It's 100% better when you're older. And you will be wondering what other's are like since you've only been with that one since 16 and will end up divorced. My opinion....wait till you're a little older. But you wont so congratulations anyway.

Its one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Your parents should be arrested for allowing you at the age of 16 to get married. You aren't even legal adults. What is the rush? why can't you date for at least until you get out of high school? What about going to college or traveling or something. You are giving all that up.

Guaranteed if you get married at 16 without doing anything with your life, you will regret it and be divorced in 5 years if not sooner.

Think about why you are marrying him and are they the right reasons. Remember you are making a commitment to each other for the rest of your lives not just organising a party for the weekend.

Married @ 16.

Divorced @18.

Truth is:

You have a little girl's mind in a woman's body.

Mommy and daddy will still be taking care of you children.

Marriage is for GROWNUPS, not ppl GROWING up.

You'll find out I'm right, the hard way. Some kids need to fall flat on their faces in order to get the message that they can't jam with the big dogs when they're still puppies.