i have seen three phase motors connected in star & delta,how one will know if the connections are not there?

i have received three phase motors without terminals connected to each other and the links packed in separate packet,how i will know that i have to run the motor in star connection or in delta connections

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You look at the voltage rating on the nameplate, there will be 2 voltage ratings. If your supply voltage matches the lower one then connect it in star, if your supply matches the higher one, then connect it delta.

• 4 years ago

Each of the three phases is connected to a winding. The other ends of the windings are connected together and are equivalent to a neutral connection. The same applies to delta-star transformers where a three-wire, three phase supply is converted to a four-wire, three phase supply with a common neutral.

• 1 decade ago

It depends. You have to look for the circuit diagram on the panel or in the guidebook provided along with the motor. Otherwise, you might go for the O.C.C or S.C.C tests to find your answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.